Liz

Enjoying the E-P3.......

I just love this camera - although there is a big learning curve - and I'm still in the beginning stages. Hopefully I'll have more time for photography now.

Taken in the Berkshires this past weekend - E-P3 & Panasonic 25mm/f1.4 - beautiful lens.

Re: Enjoying the E-P3.......

Very nice Liz. It took me awhile to get use to the Nex. You will get it in time. I know i'm lovin' the touch screen. It's much quicker to navagate. I almost forget about using it though.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Great color, textures and patterns, Liz. I'm really glad you like the E-P3. What would you say is your favorite thing about it? And what's the best thing about it? (Those aren't necessarily the same thing.) I'm finishing up a full review on the camera and I'm curious about what you think.

Thanks for sharing the photos. Are you going to PhotoPlus next week? I will be there
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    Great color, textures and patterns, Liz. I'm really glad you like the E-P3. What would you say is your favorite thing about it? And what's the best thing about it? (Those aren't necessarily the same thing.) I'm finishing up a full review on the camera and I'm curious about what you think.

Thanks for sharing the photos. Are you going to PhotoPlus next week? I will be there
    I'll give you a quick off-the-top-of-my-head answer - maybe come up with a more "intelligent" response later.

My favorite thing about the E-P3 has to do with ergonomics so it's basically subjective I guess. I love the feel, the looks, it's easy to handle and use.....buttons all in the right place. It's the first camera since my Canon days that I really look forward to using - so much so I make time to use it which is a big deal for me!

The "other favorite thing" is the IQ using jpeg. I don't like spending a lot of time on the computer, so I try to get the best image I can straight ooc - with just some tweaking later.

The "best thing" about the E-P3 I would say is the fast AF especially with a couple of new lenses I just got. The E-P3 is lightening fast using the Panasonic 25mm/f1.4 and the Olympus 45mm/f1.8.

The next best thing is the "Super Control Panel" where you can change different settings all in one place.

And for me personally, one of the best things about the E-P3 is the touch screen. WOW! It's great for getting a spur-of-the-moment very sharp image by focusing via the green box - and just touching the screen to get the pic.

The LCD screen is one of the best I've used. Having said that, it is not perfect in bright sun - and I'm really happy I have the VF-2. LCD screens are basically for framing IMO - especially when you get into the sun. I find the images sometimes look much better on the LCD screen than they really are due to the sizing I assume.

Did I say how much I enjoy this camera? :thumbsup:

PhotoPlus NYC. When are you going to be there? I was not planning on going, but then...... it depends on the time.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Did I say how much I enjoy this camera? :thumbsup:

PhotoPlus NYC. When are you going to be there? I was not planning on going, but then...... it depends on the time.
    I'll be in town from Thursday through Sunday. I'm actually staying with a friend in Jersey City, although I'll probably be in the City 12+ hours a day until Saturday. I think I'm going to take Saturday off. So we could meet at the show, after the show or on Saturday in the City. Let me know what works for you. And maybe we can coordinate with Megan and whoever else might be around. It's about time we meet
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    I'll be in town from Thursday through Sunday. I'm actually staying with a friend in Jersey City, although I'll probably be in the City 12+ hours a day until Saturday. I think I'm going to take Saturday off. So we could meet at the show, after the show or on Saturday in the City. Let me know what works for you. And maybe we can coordinate with Megan and whoever else might be around. It's about time we meet
    OK - I'll check my schedule, etc....and get back to you. Thanks! Sounds good. :thumbsup:

Liz

Thread Information