Olympus E-P2 Video Posted

Printable View

• 11-09-2009, 05:30 PM
    Photo-John
    Olympus E-P2 Video Posted
    Took me a while to get the video edited. But it's finally done. Here's my video preview of the new Olysmpu E-P1 - shot with the E-P1, incidentally :)

Olympus E-P2 Video Intro >>

Let me know what you think of the video. But be nice. I'm not pretending to be a video pro. I've got an internship with a terrible teacher - in other words - self-taught :D
  • 11-10-2009, 03:36 AM
    Greg McCary
    Re: Olympus E-P2 Video Posted
    Nice video John. That gives me a much better idea of the size and also the features. There is no way I can see one of these in person unless I drive an hour. So the video is a tremendous help.
    Thanks.
  • 11-10-2009, 07:13 AM
    Liz
    Another excellent video John. As I mentioned before, it was your video about the EP1 that pushed me over the fence and I purchased it. I'm really happy with the decision and love the EP1! So I won't be upgrading anytime soon! :rolleyes:

At any rate, although the EP2 has some good features, it wouldn't be enough for me to consider upgrading. To be honest, I think the EVF makes the camera a bit too big for me personally. However, it is an accessory, and not permanently attached to the camera so would probably work well for those who really want the EVF. I'm find with the LCD - works better than any of the others I've used. Also, I'm not a "video" fan, so wouldn't take this into consideration, although for many, this is an important part of their photography.

Having said all of the above, had I not purchased the EP1 I would probably consider the EP2, depending on the price difference (the EP1 prices have already been reduced about $100 for the kit).

Thanks for another great video.

Liz
  • 11-10-2009, 07:27 AM
    OldClicker
    Is the rear accessory socket as vulnerable as it looks? - TF
  • 11-10-2009, 09:08 AM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OldClicker
    Is the rear accessory socket as vulnerable as it looks? - TF

That's a good question and one I had not thought of. And I guess the answer is yes. The camera did come with one of those little hotshoe protectors. Except this one includes a little plastic bit that also covers the Accessory Port. I always lose those little covers, though.