Olympus E-P2 In The House

A few days ago an E-P2 arrived from Oly headquarters. I only get to play with it for a month so prepare to see lots of photos from this sucker. In particular I plan to take it out and try to shoot a lot of action, since the EVF should make that easier than it is with the E-P1.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Olympus E-P2 In The House-olympus_ep2-box-forums.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Ski Touring With The Olympus E-P2

The first thing I did with the E-P2 was take it out for a little ski tour. Since it's so small and light I wanted to see if I could actually wear it around my neck on the strap while I was on the skis. Other than some swinging around on the strap, it worked pretty good. And not having it in the pack meant I had it easily available for photos. Of course, when we took off the skins to ski back down I put it back in the pack. It's small and light but it's not made for crashing in the snow

These photos were taken up Grizzly Gulch at the top of Little Cottonwood Canyon, above Salt Lake City. I don't know how many miles we did, but we climbed 1300 feet to top at at 10,000 feet. And if you're wondering, the snow was terrible. The descent was a bit on the scary side with a nasty crust that tried to take you out on about every second turn. Praying for fresh snow...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Olympus E-P2 In The House-p1160011.jpg   Olympus E-P2 In The House-p1160015.jpg   Olympus E-P2 In The House-p1160020.jpg   Olympus E-P2 In The House-p1160036.jpg   Olympus E-P2 In The House-p1160045.jpg  

Photo-John

E-P2 In Carry Mode

You can see here how I carried it. It would be nice to have one of those straps that also secures around your back or a small chest pack. But this worked. It was just a little annoying having it swing around and I worried a bit about it banging on my avalanche beacon.

This photo was taken by Mike, the skier in the other photos. I directed him and did the processing, though. So I'll take half the credit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Olympus E-P2 In The House-p1160023.jpg  
    Photo-John

Re: Olympus E-P2 In The House

Great shots John. I can't wait for your review. How was the shutter lag? I read there was almost none.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I ran across this on you tube.........
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3BqNzvw3N4
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Neat. I want to know more about the EVF. How responsive is it? Is it anywhere close to an optical finder? This is exciting. Even though I doubt I'd be happy with it yet, I can't help but think about where this will lead.

Paul

The EVF

I've just started using the EVF so I don't yet have much to say about it. It's definitely not the same as using an optical viewfinder. For one, all of the LCD display info and views are also available in the EVF. That's pretty cool, as is being able to preview white balance and exposure. But I am finding it a bit awkward to use. It could be because of my glasses and it might also be the position - so far above where I naturally want to put my eye to the camera body. It is cool that the angle can be adjusted.

What I'm really anxious to find out is how well it works for panning. I haven't had a chance yet, though. That's very important since I think panning with only an LCD display is very, very ineffective.
    Photo-John

Thread Information