E-PL1 Plus Zeiss 5CM M39.

I got my M39 - M4/3 adapter in today, to attach to my Zeiss 5cm f/1.5 lens. I played around with it a bit, had some fun, I'm really impressed by the quality of sharpness on the lens, especially stopped down. Very sharp, very good lens, even though the lens is literally 70 years old. Did a few sample shots to play with the sharpness.

Feels really good on the body too, works well paired. Love the combo.

The one of the cat looking up was at around f/2, the others were all narrower.

- Charlie

Feel free to edit and repost my work as a part of your critique.

Re: E-PL1 Plus Zeiss 5CM M39.

Nice Charles. I am always amazed at the sharpness of my Summicron even though its 60 years old. Did you have problems with hand shake? You probably could use the Zeiss as a portrait lens.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Awesome !

It is such a different feel , very nice though , to use the EPL1 with nice lenses in manual focus / manual exposure mode

Greg - yes, only in the manual focus check view, it wobbles like a 500mm lens lol. It wasn't really "problems", it was just an issue with hand holding it and zooming into the frame that much. As stable as the E-PL1 is, I've been getting sharp images at 1/10th of a second with this on IS.

Armando - Yes it is! I never thought a manual exposure could be so easy, with a live exposure feedback. Its nice to adjust the aperture diaphragm physically instead of via electronic control.
    - Charlie

a few more

This sucker is SHARP! I am really enjoying using it, its a lot more fun than the kit 14-42! lol. This threadmount works beautifully with the Pen in size and flange, if only the lens' weren't all insanely expensive (or, totally worn down by years of neglect).
    - Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Anbesol View Post
    Greg - yes, only in the manual focus check view, it wobbles like a 500mm lens lol. It wasn't really "problems", it was just an issue with hand holding it and zooming into the frame that much. As stable as the E-PL1 is, I've been getting sharp images at 1/10th of a second with this on IS.

Armando - Yes it is! I never thought a manual exposure could be so easy, with a live exposure feedback. Its nice to adjust the aperture diaphragm physically instead of via electronic control.
    Love the live histogram view !

And wish the IS would work while trying to manual focus as the in lens VR does on my DSLR

So far the best combination for manual focus that I have tried is the sigma 150mm macro, the weight and size of the lens makes it easy to have a steady image , also I do not fiddle with the focus ring because I set the focus at minimum distance and move the camera back and forth to the best focus position

Thread Information