Roadtrip - Vail To Salt Lake City

I just got back from a trip to Vail, Colorado with Olympus. I was there for the Vail Film Festival, which Olympus sponsored. They also held a contest called, "PEN Your Short 48 Hour Film Contest," where teams were supplied with Olympus Pen camera systems and they had to make a four minute film in 48 hours. I was there to check out the contest and play with Olympus camera gear.

Getting to the point - the irony of all this was I got my best photos on my drive from Vail back to Salt Lake City. Weather played a big part in that. I left Vail just as a big blizzard slammed the Rockies and my first hour driving was pretty sketchy, including getting blown sideways about three feet at one point. However, as I made my way down towards the Western Slope and the Colorado Plateau, the weather lightened up and I was blessed with spectacular snow-frosted desert views. The lesson? If you're a photographer, don't let weather keep you indoors. The nastiest weather very often delivers the best photo opportunities.

These photos were taken handheld with the Olympus E-PL2 Pen camera and the new Olympus 75-300mm f/4.8-6.7 zoom lens (150-600mm equivalent). I picked up the lens from Olympus up at Vail and made a point of using it on the drive home. I'm working on a short review of it right now but I couldn't wait to share these photos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Roadtrip - Vail To Salt Lake City-p4030075.jpg   Roadtrip - Vail To Salt Lake City-p4030070.jpg   Roadtrip - Vail To Salt Lake City-p4030107.jpg   Roadtrip - Vail To Salt Lake City-p4030135.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information