• 06-16-2010, 06:37 PM
    havana_joe
    Nice LCD protector for E-PL1
    I bought this Acmaxx LCD protector on eBay, I'm quite happy with it. Cost was $19.99, free shipping in the USA. Fit is perfect, it lets most of the light through, and it has a chrome edge that looks stock on my black E-PL1, it should look good on any of the colors. It looks better then the sample picture. I figured I'd share in case anyone is looking for one!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ACMAXX-2-7-HARD-...item35a9b9ec8f
  • 06-18-2010, 12:29 PM
    Nyreth
    Re: Nice LCD protector for E-PL1
    I was looking for one of these when I first got my camera, but they weren't available yet. Everytime I'd think to look for one again, I wasn't near the computer. Thanks for the reminder and the link!
  • 06-18-2010, 12:33 PM
    havana_joe
    You're most welcome! I'm very happy with it, or I wouldn't post it here. It really does look stock with the chrome edge, it matches the chrome around the lens mount and other details. I think the camera looks better with it, the protection is just a bonus! I got it within 3 days after ordering, good seller, he was fast and left me positive feedback. Enjoy!
  • 07-04-2010, 09:47 AM
    McCormack
    I hate scratched up camera LCD's, so lately I've been protecting mine with a bit of Saran wrap... the wrap sticks great, is transparent so I can leave it on all the time, lasts for a long time, and doesn't leave a residue behind when swapping in a new piece.
  • 07-04-2010, 03:46 PM
    Liz
    I've always used the peel off Palm Pilot screen protectors which I originally found in the office supply stores. After they began selling them for cameras the price went from $10 for about 10 sheets to $15 for 3 sheets! However I found some at Walmart lately - $6 for about 5-6 sheets. You cut them to size. They are not stylish, but easy! And the ones from Walmart are the best yet.

Liz
  • 07-08-2010, 03:26 PM
    Nyreth
    Those sound like good options too. The nice thing about the LCD protector that havana and I got is that it's a hard plastic piece that mounts on the edges of the camera casing around the screen. It's sturdy enough that it seems like it could take a pretty hard hit with even a pointed object and still protect the screen. Also, since it sits out from the screen, it shades the screen a tiny bit and makes things a bit easier to see in brighter light.
  • 07-26-2010, 01:54 PM
    havana_joe
    Good points Nyreth! Glad you liked it!
  • 08-09-2010, 09:34 PM
    VisualFX
    How does this protector compare to say the Giottos 2.7"? The Giottos seems to have a black frame with a thick border around it. I'm thinking it would cover up part of the LCD.

Does the ACMAXX stick to the indention around the E-PL1 LCD screen and does it cover up any part of the icons on screen?
  • 08-10-2010, 07:04 AM
    havana_joe
    I don't know about the Giottos, but I can tell you about this one. It has a thin chrome bordfer and it fits right into the indentation, and does not cover any icons. It fit perfectly and looks like a stock part of the camera.
  • 08-12-2010, 06:56 PM
    VisualFX
    Hmm...I received my ACMAXX today. The ebay listing said it was custom designed for E-PL1. It doesn't fit flat into the indention of the screen. It is a little bit bigger then the indention and sits around the screen area on all sides. I wonder if they sent me generic 2.7" size? The mailing package is marked for E-PL1, but the ACMAXX package only says "Hard LCD Protector". No size or camera model listed on the acmaxx package.

It still looks good and I'm satisfied, but I was hoping it fitted completely recessed into the lcd area.
  • 08-17-2010, 04:44 AM
    havana_joe
    Really? I checked mine, it fit into the recess perfectly. I don't have the packaging anymore, I think mine did say E-PL1. That's too bad, it sounds like the wrong one!
  • 08-17-2010, 10:48 AM
    VisualFX
    When you say recess, I assume you mean how the LCD is recessed in, and it fits directly in there. I had to place mine on the raised up area around the LCD.

Here is a thread on another forum, where I posted a photo. I contacted the ebay seller, and they claimed it supposed to fit around the screen like that on the raised area. But their listing says "custom designed for E-PL1". Maybe they just sent me the wrong version? Any way, it still looks okay in-person, and I was able to center it pretty good. The edges are sealed, so no dust should get in the LCD.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=36029032