• 06-12-2011, 02:48 PM
    Greg McCary
    Nex firmware and focus peaking
    I don't have an adapter yet to use any MF lenses on my Nex but I am going to update my firmware anyway. Looks interesting.....
    http://vimeo.com/24821210
  • 06-12-2011, 03:26 PM
    OldClicker
    Re: Nex firmware and focus peaking
    Yes it does look interesting. The video types have been using it for quite some time (since they use Contrast Detect AF anyway) and say it really helps. Here is a better video of it working on the new NEX-C3 (though it appears to be the same video??? ).

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-...-peaking-mode/

Terry
  • 06-12-2011, 03:49 PM
    Liz
    Greg,

Congratulations on your Nex! That is awesome! :thumbsup:

How are you liking it? Any sample shots? I'm looking forward to hearing about it - and seeing some images. This is exciting news Greg!

Liz
  • 06-12-2011, 04:32 PM
    Greg McCary
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Greg,

Congratulations on your Nex! That is awesome! :thumbsup:

How are you liking it? Any sample shots? I'm looking forward to hearing about it - and seeing some images. This is exciting news Greg!

Liz

Liz the IQ is awesome. I tried a night heavy equipment shot. In think the IQ is up there with the E5. I think the kit lens isn't as sharp as it could be but the focus speed is very fast. I haven't got to shoot with it much, work. But I will work up some samples.
    It can take seven shots a second. Sounds like a small machine gun.lol
  • 06-12-2011, 05:00 PM
    Liz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    Liz the IQ is awesome. I tried a night heavy equipment shot. In think the IQ is up there with the E5. I think the kit lens isn't as sharp as it could be but the focus speed is very fast. I haven't got to shoot with it much, work. But I will work up some samples.
    It can take seven shots a second. Sounds like a small machine gun.lol

That's great! I look forward to seeing your photos. I hope you have more time to play during the summer!

Liz
  • 06-13-2011, 10:30 AM
    Photo-John
    Sweet! I hadn't seen that. That's an excellent feature. Way better than a beep that just tells you you're focused on something, but who knows what. Good to see Sony continuing to be an innovator.