Sony NEX-C3 Announcement

Yeah, I know it was announced last week. But I was on the road and it's hard to stay on top of everything, all the time. Anyway, in case you haven't heard about Sony's latest compact system camera, or you'd just like my take on it, here you go:

Sony Alpha NEX-C3 Announcement >>

Incidentally, I didn't spot anything groundbreaking in the NEX-C3 specs. It has a few new exposure features and the resolution has been increased - and by less than 15% - not enough to make any noticable difference. The coolest thing appears to be the new "Focus Peaking" feature, which I didn't even mention in my article. It's also available as a firmware upgrade to NEX-5 and NEX-3 owners so it's not a NEX-C3 exclusive. It is pretty sweet, though. Check it out in this discussion: Nex firmware and focus peaking

So what do you think of the NEX-C3? Am I missing something or is it just a small incremental update to the NEX-3?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sony NEX-C3 Announcement-sony-nex-c3_black_550.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Re: Sony NEX-C3 Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    So what do you think of the NEX-C3? Am I missing something or is it just a small incremental update to the NEX-3?
    I agree that it appears to be incremental. Most of the new features are coming to the NEX-3/5 in a FW update anyway. That's why I bought the NEX-3 the day after the C3 announcement. Fedex is supposed to deliver it today actually. I'll be using it almost exclusively on my 10 day trip to the PNW starting this Friday..

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck935 View Post
    I agree that it appears to be incremental. Most of the new features are coming to the NEX-3/5 in a FW update anyway. That's why I bought the NEX-3 the day after the C3 announcement. Fedex is supposed to deliver it today actually. I'll be using it almost exclusively on my 10 day trip to the PNW starting this Friday..
    Congratulations on the NEX3. It sounds like a really nice camera.....looking forward to seeing some pics!

Enjoy! and have a great time on your nice 10 day holiday. :thumbsup:

Liz

I think you will be well pleased. Have you compared DXO marks with other cameras? If not you should.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information