New Sony NEX-7 - What Do You Think?

The new Sony cameras sucked up a good chunk of my last week. There was so much packed into them that writing intro articles took up a lot more time than usual. They really are impressive though - they deserve the extra attention. The NEX-7, in particular, I think is a groundbreaking camera. It's the first Sony NEX camera to really give me some camer lust. I'm skeptical but curious about the 24-megapixel APS-C sensor and and I'm psyched about the built-in OLED EVF and the trasparent mirror lens adaptor. This is the first camera I think that truly offers the best of both worlds - DSLR and EVIL. It could be the ultimate travel / outdoor camera.

Sony Alpha NEX-7 Intro >>

So what do you think? I'm thinking the NEX-7 is a serious contender for my 2011 Camera Of The Year. Do you agree? Disagree? Why?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: New Sony NEX-7 - What Do You Think?

I think I'm going to get one in a few weeks, that's what I think. I already have a couple of Sony lenses. The Nex 3 is a sweet camera. I agree the Nex 7 is ground braking. Look out Nikon an Canon, Sony is doing some great things
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    I think I'm going to get one in a few weeks, that's what I think.
    He said without blinking and with complete commitment. I salute you and your decision, sir!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Going from the Nex 3 to the 7 should be a huge upgrade. Plus I can use my M mount lenses with focus peaking. I have been meaning to make a short video showing how well the focus peaking works. When work slows down I will..
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I been watching and reading those review (sneak peaks) on the NEX-7 and its amazing:thumbsup:

I consider it a trully remarkable achievement and I hope it is what pushes Nikon to release something similar soon. More importantly; I hope the NEX-7 can deliver D90 performance to put all those skeptics to rest.

bigc

Thread Information