New owner of E-PL2

I purchased the E-PL2 about 2 weeks ago and am enjoying it very much. The smaller form factor with classic styling really appealed to me in addition to the excellent reviews and recommendations from various sites and enthusiasts.
    I actually traded in my Nikon DSLR to accomodate the more modest level of my hobby. I use both kit lenses. Another thing that impresses me is the quality of images obtained and options at a fraction of the cost with competitors like Panasonic and Sony.
    While I wish the video would be in 1080p ( a logical update for the E-PL3 or 4) the 720p is respectable and suits my needs fine.

Any other E-PL2 users (or E-PL1 for that matter)??

I am new to the board.

Cheers!
    You took a photo of what?
    SONY a6000
    SONY RX100M3
    Canon S110

Re: New owner of E-PL2

Congrats, I use a EPL-1. I am glad you are happy with your EPL-2. When you get a chance write a review. I live a long way from any stores so I rely on reviews before upgrading. Also welcome to the site. Be sure and post pictures in the gallery.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by fotomatix
    I purchased the E-PL2 about 2 weeks ago and am enjoying it very much. The smaller form factor with classic styling really appealed to me in addition to the excellent reviews and recommendations from various sites and enthusiasts.
    I actually traded in my Nikon DSLR to accomodate the more modest level of my hobby. I use both kit lenses. Another thing that impresses me is the quality of images obtained and options at a fraction of the cost with competitors like Panasonic and Sony.
    While I wish the video would be in 1080p ( a logical update for the E-PL3 or 4) the 720p is respectable and suits my needs fine.

Any other E-PL2 users (or E-PL1 for that matter)??

I am new to the board.

Cheers!
    Welcome to PR! I own the E-PL2 and I really love this camera! It's one of my all-time favorites. I agree about the image quality! It's the main reason I went from Canon DSLR's to the M4/3 system, specifically the E-PL1/2.

I had used Canon for years, including some "L" lenses. However, after an accident and a recurring back/neck problem, I couldn't carry the heavy equipment anymore. I thought I would never be happy with another brand after using "L" lenses. However, I have gotten comparable images with my Olympus. I don't miss the Canon anymore!

I hope you will post some of your work as you go along. You can post them in this forum, or in Viewfinder - it's kind of like a "get-together" forum for friends. If you would like some "critiquing" you can post on the Critique forum. Or you can post here!

At any rate - enjoy your new camera - and welcome! :thumbsup:

Liz

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have a world of things to learn regarding photography. As my children get older, I will have a little more free time to myself and focus on improving my photos. Right now I'm a crazy dad always taking pics....no matter...I love it and in the end, everyone loves my slideshows when I show them through Apple TV or on my MacBook Pro.

My next purchase will be a low F scaled lens (like 2, 1.8, or less)....I realize I take many photos in low light conditions....any suggestions would help.
    SONY a6000
    SONY RX100M3
    Canon S110

Quote Originally Posted by fotomatix
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I have a world of things to learn regarding photography. As my children get older, I will have a little more free time to myself and focus on improving my photos. Right now I'm a crazy dad always taking pics....no matter...I love it and in the end, everyone loves my slideshows when I show them through Apple TV or on my MacBook Pro.

My next purchase will be a low F scaled lens (like 2, 1.8, or less)....I realize I take many photos in low light conditions....any suggestions would help.
    The 17mm is about as fast as m4/3rds go. But if you don't mind manual focus and can swing for the VF-2 it opens a whole world of lens options with the right adapter. Voigtlander, Leica ect. I have the Voigtlander 40mm 1.4, 28 2.0 and 15mm 4.5. Just remember the x2 crop factor.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thanks for the suggestions Greg. I have a Voigtlander distributor here in town. Might be worth a look. That 17mm you speak of is a Panny or Olympus?
    SONY a6000
    SONY RX100M3
    Canon S110

Sony a99/a7R

Liz

You might also consider the Panasonic 20mm/f1.7 - great lens - but a bit more money. Sometimes you can find a good used deal.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Aspheric.html

Liz

Thanks for the advice.
    SONY a6000
    SONY RX100M3
    Canon S110

I am expecting my new Pen PL2 today. I too have shed my Canon 40D and lenses as I found myself not taking my camera along as much as I should be. I just didn't like lugging all that gear around. I believe the PL2 will change my mind. Looking forward to taking some pics and comparing them to my 40Ds images.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Welcome to PR! I own the E-PL2 and I really love this camera! It's one of my all-time favorites. I agree about the image quality! It's the main reason I went from Canon DSLR's to the M4/3 system, specifically the E-PL1/2.

I had used Canon for years, including some "L" lenses. However, after an accident and a recurring back/neck problem, I couldn't carry the heavy equipment anymore. I thought I would never be happy with another brand after using "L" lenses. However, I have gotten comparable images with my Olympus. I don't miss the Canon anymore!

I hope you will post some of your work as you go along. You can post them in this forum, or in Viewfinder - it's kind of like a "get-together" forum for friends. If you would like some "critiquing" you can post on the Critique forum. Or you can post here!

At any rate - enjoy your new camera - and welcome! :thumbsup:

Liz

Thread Information