• 03-12-2012, 01:45 PM
    Photo-John
    New Forum Name - Compact System Cameras
    The time has come to change the name of this forum. I let the idea percolate for quite a while and I'm convinced it's the right thing to do. As most of you know, "Micro Four Thirds," only refers to Olympus and Panasonic mirrorless cameras. And the "EVIL" acronym doesn't describe all the cameras in the category because a lot of them don't actually have electronic viewfinders. B&H and Amazon are both using the term, "Compact System Cameras," and I think that's the most descriptive name. It's also what I decided to use for the user review category (Compact System Camera Reviews and Compact System Camera Lens Reviews). I included the word "Mirrorless" in the forum name to make sure it's absolutely clear what the forum is about.

Let me know if you think, for some reason, I've made a horrible mistake. I'm pretty sure that Compact System Cameras is ultimately going to be the best name, though.
  • 03-12-2012, 02:48 PM
    Anbesol
    Re: New Forum Name - Compact System Cameras
    lol about time John!

Yes, Compact System Cameras (Mirrorless) works perfectly!

Much better than EVIL
  • 03-12-2012, 09:06 PM
    armando_m
    Definitively a good change !!
  • 03-13-2012, 01:41 PM
    Greg McCary
    I like the change John. Hopefully it will generate a lot of traffic.
  • 03-13-2012, 02:25 PM
    Liz
    PERFECT! :7:

Liz
  • 03-13-2012, 08:00 PM
    ELS
    Hello John,

I agree - Great name change... :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Have a nice day/evening...

Ed
  • 03-15-2012, 11:34 PM
    N0BOX
    I'm convinced that Compact System Cameras is the best term to describe every camera that is being lumped into the "Mirrorless" group. I will miss the "EVIL" acronym, though. I always liked the idea of having a tiny bit of electronic evil with me all the time, even if I never actually got the EVF for my NEX-5N. :)