My 1st MicroCamera. The Sony NEX C3

Hi all,

Well, I get my Sony NEX C3 today.

I wanted a small camera that will fit my jacket and it had to have a big APS-C size sensor. Ideally I would have gone with Fuji X100 or Leica X1, but those are out of my price range.

I dont know what to expect. I am used to using a Nikon D90 with f1.8 50mm prime or f1.8 35mm Prime. So, if it can do anything remotely close to that I will be happy.

Will post some pictures later today or tomorrow:thumbsup:

Liz

Re: My 1st MicroCamera. The Sony NEX C3

Congratulations!

That's great news! I look forward to seeing your images.......

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Liz

You'll love it make sure the firmware is upgraded so it's easier to navigate and you can use focus peaking. I can't wait to get my hand on the Nex 7.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I been watching alot of youtube videos and reviews and everybody says the UI is bad. Well, compared to a D90 with external controls its a little longer. Yet, its amazingly fast and a blast to use. If you use an IPhone or any electronic device this menu system should be a breeze.

I was taking several pictures and concluded I will use it on Manual mode the most to learn this camera.

I have the 16mm pancake lens and cant decipher why anybody would get the zoom lens. The 16mm is a perfect fit for almost all everyday type of pictures.:thumbsup:

My buddy came over yesterday at 7PM with his Nikon D3100. We went outside and with zero flash and both cameras on auto/intelligent Auto. Mine is surprisingly more clear and brighter. I told him its probably cuase he has a f3.5, 35~55mm zoom lens and with good Nikon 35mm Prime with f1.8 he would do alot better. So, not the cameras fault. Next we have to test these out on manual modes with identical settings, but for now he is already boxing his D3100 up to return it.

I need 3 more posts to be able to post pictures:mad2:

Liz

I need 3 more posts to be able to post pictures
    I hope you reply to my post! Then you're down to 2. :thumbsup:

Are you happy with the images?

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    I hope you reply to my post! Then you're down to 2. :thumbsup:

Are you happy with the images?

Liz
    More then happy. Actually; I have not been using it on Intelligent Auto and instead rely on manual everything.

In fact comparing it to the Nikon D90 my brother and I were both super excited with 1 feature.

The D90
    manual setttings mode, for shutter, appeture, and ISO. = manual focus

The NEX C3
    manual setttings mode, for shutter, appeture, and ISO. = will still auto focus

Picture quality is very nice and comparible. The D90 has 2 prime lens 35mm & 55mm with f1.8. We were messing around with them yesterday and both appear equivilant.

My thinking is once we download into computer and start cropping tiny areas the D90 will show its benefits, but I need to do alot of comparisons and cropings with both cameras on same settings.

stay tunned.

Been busy, but got the gear ready for comparison shots:

Here is a cell phone shot:

Used a Nikon 50mm Prime with aperature at f1.8.
    shutter speed at 1/15
    ISO at 1600
    Adaptor is ebay/amazon ones that are $20~$24 that say Fotasy Nikon (G)-NEX and they rock:thumbsup:
    Some random shots of my sales listings elsewhere:

Nice shots thanks for sharing.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    Nice shots thanks for sharing.

Yup..as you can tell I had the TV on as a background. It created this wavy effect

Due to the 50mm Prime Lens by Nikon I can now do correct comparisons against the Nikon D90 with both using the same lens. Previously it was hard to do since my NEX C3 came with 16mm lens only.

I been using this camera for 2 birthday parties now and I cant see why anybody would want anything other then the 16mm lens. Everything and Everybody fits in the pictures and if you want to single out just a handfull of people = just walk up for a closer view

The UI for ISO is also nice, but takes going back to the main menu everytime. I have to figure out the shortcut thing that allows for customization and then I can access ISO alot easier.

bigC

You can tie the ISO to the center button. The options are in the Setup menu.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Thread Information