• 09-06-2011, 10:30 AM
    Photo-John
    Megan's Olympus E-PM1 "First Look" Article
    Megan got to check out the new Olympus mini Pen camera about a week ago. I think the E-PM1 is the smallest EVIL camera yet. It's seriously about the size of the Olympus XZ-1 or a Panasonic LX-5 - excepting the lens, of course. Find out what Megan thinks about the E-PM1, here:

Olympus E-PM1 Pen Camera First Look >>

If you've got questions about the E-PM1, post them here or in the comments section at the end of Megan's article.

Thanks for the article, Megan!
  • 09-08-2011, 02:05 PM
    megan
    Re: Megan's Olympus E-PM1 "First Look" Article
    Oh hey, my pleasure.
  • 09-20-2011, 09:06 PM
    Anbesol
    I am now with a new E-PM1, and a feature I found myself surprised to find missing: magnified manual focus check. I'm going to send in a plea for the feature in a firmware upgrade, they could maybe set it up as an alternative function to the instant video record button. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it :(, I had to learn it the hard way, by desperately looking and hoping.

I suppose if lots of people ask for a manual focus check firmware upgrade, it just might happen.
  • 09-22-2011, 11:07 AM
    Anbesol
    Scratch that, the feature is just not detailed in my manual, the function also is not on by default.

To enable manual focus check, go to setup, enter "custom menu", then enter B) Button dial, then enter Button function, then set the one-button record function to "Magnify". This eliminates the video records one-button record function, and subsequently videos would have to be made only through the menu.

Anyway, I panicked at first when I though magnified focus check was gone. Glad I found out otherwise.