John what about that Fuji X-pro 1

Have you posted a review? I am liking this one...
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: John what about that Fuji X-pro 1

Working on it...
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

My Fuji X-Pro1 Article

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    Have you posted a review? I am liking this one...
    This is really a technical announcement article. I won't be able to write a review until I get some hands-on time with the camera. But I dug into the features and specs pretty deeply today and it looks like Fujifilm is as serious as anyone could hope with the X-Pro1. The surprise is that they really upped the ante with the sensor. To me, it looks like the new sensor is the most important feature of the camera. It could even be a revolutionary piece of technology. I'm really interested to see how the X-Pro1 performs in the field.

Fujifilm X-Pro1 Announcement Article >>

How do you feel about it, Greg? You've got a bunch of new Sony gear. Do you think you'll trade or add the X-Pro1 to your bag?
    Photo-John

Re: My Fuji X-Pro1 Article

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    This is really a technical announcement article. I won't be able to write a review until I get some hands-on time with the camera. But I dug into the features and specs pretty deeply today and it looks like Fujifilm is as serious as anyone could hope with the X-Pro1. The surprise is that they really upped the ante with the sensor. To me, it looks like the new sensor is the most important feature of the camera. It could even be a revolutionary piece of technology. I'm really interested to see how the X-Pro1 performs in the field.

Fujifilm X-Pro1 Announcement Article >>

How do you feel about it, Greg? You've got a bunch of new Sony gear. Do you think you'll trade or add the X-Pro1 to your bag?
    I doubt I will trade but this looks like a real winner. I was hoping you would have a review ready. I can't wait for you to tear into the technology behind this one, now to go read what you put together so far.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

No zoom lenses? Perhaps it's the price to pay for having an optical viewfinder with frames. It makes it seem rather elitist anyway, not the sort of thing you could bolt a Leica lens onto. And we don't yet know the price.

BTW your intro - Fuji make the lenses for current Hasselblads. Respectable.
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Franglais View Post
    No zoom lenses? Perhaps it's the price to pay for having an optical viewfinder with frames. It makes it seem rather elitist anyway, not the sort of thing you could bolt a Leica lens onto. And we don't yet know the price.

BTW your intro - Fuji make the lenses for current Hasselblads. Respectable.
    I googled it - Looks like the cost will be $1,700 for camera only - lenses around $600.

Above my pay scale.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    I googled it - Looks like the cost will be $1,700 for camera only - lenses around $600.
    Where did you find those prices, Liz? The press release specifically said that the price is yet to be determined.
    Photo-John

There is talk all over some other popular boards with the prices all over the place. Unfortunately, it's hard to take any of them very seriously, as most of the posts are being done in a forum set aside for the Sony NEX line by people who could only really be described as 'fanboys' or trolls with the agenda of antagonizing Sony NEX owners.

Quote Originally Posted by N0BOX View Post
    There is talk all over some other popular boards with the prices all over the place. Unfortunately, it's hard to take any of them very seriously, as most of the posts are being done in a forum set aside for the Sony NEX line by people who could only really be described as 'fanboys' or trolls with the agenda of antagonizing Sony NEX owners.
    Ha! This is generally a troll-free zone

That price actually sounds about right to me. But until I get it from an official source, it remains rumor and speculation.
    Photo-John

$1700 does seem right. I hope its less, but it does seem deserving of the price tag. I like the idea of sticking with fixed lens. Looks to be an altogether awesome rig. Finally looks like someones answer to the NEX 7, glad another great contender entered into the field.

A bit surprised to see the max ISO of 6400, can't wait to see how well it does.
    - Charlie

Feel free to edit and repost my work as a part of your critique.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    Where did you find those prices, Liz? The press release specifically said that the price is yet to be determined.
    I googled it again (forgot where I saw it yesterday), and found more references to the price. This link is the USA Today report from their CES 2012 interview with Fuji. Price is still not confirmed, but according to this article, the price quote came from Fuji who added it may be tweaked by the end of the month. Here is a copy/paste of the paragraph - and the link to the article.

The price hasn't been confirmed, but Fujifilm said in a press conference that they expect the body to cost about $1,700, with lenses around $650 each—those estimates could change before the end of the month, when the official price will be announced. It will begin shipping at the end of February.
    Article with above reference to price.
    CES 2012: Fujifilm unveils X-Pro 1 flagship

Liz

Maybe if the Fuji comes out at that price point, someone will sell their NEX-7 to me for cheap to finance their "upgrade".

Quote Originally Posted by N0BOX View Post
    Maybe if the Fuji comes out at that price point, someone will sell their NEX-7 to me for cheap to finance their "upgrade".
    Yes sir! I like the way you think!
    Photo-John

OK gotta be honest and confess that I have been drooling over this system since its release. I really hope it does well in the market, as this is very much a direction I'd like to see more manufacturers taking.
    - Charlie

Feel free to edit and repost my work as a part of your critique.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbesol View Post
    OK gotta be honest and confess that I have been drooling over this system since its release. I really hope it does well in the market, as this is very much a direction I'd like to see more manufacturers taking.
    Me too...I must resist.

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information