• 03-29-2012, 10:52 AM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    Got To Play With The Fujifilm X-Pro1
    I got to play with the Fujifilm X-Pro1 digital rangefinder, yesterday. Our local pro dealer, Pictureline, got one in for a customer and I happened to be in the store dropping off a Canon EOS 5D Mark III I'd borrowed for studio tests when it showed up. So I took a few pictures of it and then went back in the afternoon to take some pictures with is and do a first impressions video. Here's a gallery of the photos I took with with the X-Pro1:

Fujifilm X-Pro Sample Photos >>

I would have liked to play with the camera more but it actually belongs to a customer who was nice enough to let us use it a bit. But I couldn't bring it home with me. I did get a feel for it, though. Keep your eyes open for the video we made along with a first impressions article.
  • 03-29-2012, 07:52 PM
    Greg McCary
    Re: Got To Play With The Fujifilm X-Pro1
    It looks bigger than I thought it would be.
  • 03-29-2012, 09:53 PM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    It looks bigger than I thought it would be.

Too bad we didn't have an M8 or M9 in the building. I think it would be worth looking and up and comparing the dimensions. The X-Pro1 might be a bit smaller but it's not really a small camera. On the other hand, everyone was surprised by how light it is. It weighs about the same as the X10 - even with the battery installed and lens mounted.
  • 03-30-2012, 03:13 AM
    Greg McCary
    This could be the poor mans M9. I think it looks great. I can't wait to see some DXO marks. I have a feeling this one is going to be a big seller.
  • 03-30-2012, 07:41 AM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    This could be the poor mans M9. I think it looks great. I can't wait to see some DXO marks. I have a feeling this one is going to be a big seller.

I don't know about "poor man's." Maybe, "less rich man's?" :-)