Fujifilm X-E2 Announced

Fujifilm X-E2 Announced-fujifilm-x-e2_2up.jpg

Last night Fujifilm announced the first camera of the second generation of their X-Series mirrorless line. The X-E2 looks really good to me. It's got the same image quality and auto focus upgrades that Fujifilm used in the X100S, along with updated video and built-in Wi-Fi so you can share photos and videos.

Fujifilm X-E2 Announcement >>

The X-E2 might get a little lost in the excitement about the new full-frame Sony mirrorless bodies. But it's a much more practical camera with an easier price-point. Plus, the feel and controls on the Fujifilm X-Series cameras and really great. I think their the closest thing to Leica feel you can get in a digital camera that's not a Leica M.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Fujifilm X-E2 Announced

IMO the perfect balance between price, performance, size, weight and photographic possibilities (DOF, noise, etc.). The lenses available are not that many, but they are IMO the best for any mirrorless system. And now the only glaring weakness (the slow AF) has been taken care of. Kudos to Fuji!
    Flickr
    Blog
    Gear: Nikon V1, Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 and Nikkor 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6. 25mm f/1.4 and 50mm f/1.4 C-Mount lenses. The cheapo, plastic variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
    IMO the perfect balance between price, performance, size, weight and photographic possibilities (DOF, noise, etc.). The lenses available are not that many, but they are IMO the best for any mirrorless system. And now the only glaring weakness (the slow AF) has been taken care of. Kudos to Fuji!
    Personally, I enjoy using the Olympus mirrorless cameras more. For me, I'm happy to trade a bit of image quality for the smaller bodies and lenses. But I have a DSLR, too. If it was my only system I might feel differently. The Fujifilm image quality certainly is wonderful. And the new sensor is excellent. The auto focus is improved, although it's still not up to DSLR standards - not for moving subjects, anyway. I also like the addition of built-in Wi-Fi. I post on FB and INstagram all the time and I love being able to do it on the spot, with my "real" camera.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    Personally, I enjoy using the Olympus mirrorless cameras more. For me, I'm happy to trade a bit of image quality for the smaller bodies and lenses. But I have a DSLR, too. If it was my only system I might feel differently. The Fujifilm image quality certainly is wonderful. And the new sensor is excellent. The auto focus is improved, although it's still not up to DSLR standards - not for moving subjects, anyway. I also like the addition of built-in Wi-Fi. I post on FB and INstagram all the time and I love being able to do it on the spot, with my "real" camera.
    MFT is also great, but personally I think the balance of size, noise performance and achievable bokeh is better with the Fuji X system.
    There is no equivalent to the 35/1.4 (speed and bokeh) in the mFT system. Neither are there equivalents for 23/1.4, 18-55 f2.8-4, the soon to be available 56/1.2, etc.
    Flickr
    Blog
    Gear: Nikon V1, Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 and Nikkor 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6. 25mm f/1.4 and 50mm f/1.4 C-Mount lenses. The cheapo, plastic variety.

Thread Information