• 11-09-2011, 06:28 PM
    Liz
    E-P3 + 14mm/f2.5 lens - great combo
    The Panasonic 14mm/f2.5 lens is a great lens - and very fast on the E-P3.....just a few shots. I managed to get about an hour to play with this combo today.

Straight ooc - no pp.

http://mariaimage.smugmug.com/Photog...1010890-X2.jpg

http://mariaimage.smugmug.com/Photog...1010896-X2.jpg

http://mariaimage.smugmug.com/Photog...1010911-X2.jpg

http://mariaimage.smugmug.com/Photog...1010907-X2.jpg

Liz
  • 11-09-2011, 06:39 PM
    Greg McCary
    Re: E-P3 + 14mm/f2.5 lens - great combo
    You just can't beat those Oly colors.
  • 11-10-2011, 06:03 AM
    Liz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    You just can't beat those Oly colors.

Thanks Greg.....I can't believe how much I love Olympus gear! Olympus and Panasonic have some great lenses for the M4/3 system. Coming from some awesome Canon "L" lenses, I thought I would always be looking back. But I have gotten comparable images with the Olympus and/or Panasonic/Leica lenses - and have not looked back.

I too love the colors of Olympus.

I am hoping and praying that Olympus is able to get over the present crisis - and keeps their camera division going.

Liz
  • 11-10-2011, 06:14 AM
    Grandpaw
    Liz, those are some REALLY NICE shots. Not only is the camera doing an outstanding job, the shooter seems to be doing an outstanding job finding and composing the images. Keep up the great work, Jeff
  • 11-10-2011, 06:20 PM
    Liz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpaw View Post
    Liz, those are some REALLY NICE shots. Not only is the camera doing an outstanding job, the shooter seems to be doing an outstanding job finding and composing the images. Keep up the great work, Jeff

Thank you Jeff. I appreciate your kind words - and the encouragement. :D

Liz
  • 12-23-2011, 04:54 AM
    Panoly4/3
    Great colours
  • 02-11-2012, 05:02 PM
    440GTX
    GREAT shots Liz
    I am in the market for a m4/3 E-pl2 or E-pl3
    Very nice to see some good samples
  • 02-13-2012, 05:08 PM
    Liz
    Thanks for looking everyone....and for your comments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 440GTX View Post
    GREAT shots Liz

I don't think you could go wrong with either of the above. I've been veryhappy with Olympus cameras since I joing the M4/3 system!

Liz
  • 02-14-2012, 02:32 PM
    Anbesol
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 440GTX View Post
    GREAT shots Liz

The different system and image processor in the E-PL3 make it faster operating than the E-PL2, especially with autofocus paired to a MSC lens. The E-PL3 also has a tilting LCD screen, allowing you to compose images of more extreme angles with more freedom. If those two things don't mean a whole lot to you, maybe the money you could save with an E-PL2 would be more prudent choice. You could also get what is similar to the two of them, with the faster processor and AF of the E-PL3 with the E-PM1, though it does not have the same tactile control system that I think is a bit more efficiently tooled in the E-PL2, it does have the newer generation image processing and fast speed that the E-PL3 does. The other thing that puts the E-PL2 back a bit is that it processes only up to 8-bit raw. The E-PM1 and E-PL3 process up to 12-bit raw data, allowing for more tonal detail. This too may or may not be of any concern to you, being of only any real benefit when you specifically print images at 16-bit.

Also - the E-PM1 has a detachable stock flash, the E-PL2 and 3 have theirs built in.
  • 02-17-2012, 08:13 PM
    440GTX
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Anbesol View Post
    The different system and image processor in the E-PL3 make it faster operating than the E-PL2, especially with autofocus paired to a MSC lens. The E-PL3 also has a tilting LCD screen, allowing you to compose images of more extreme angles with more freedom. If those two things don't mean a whole lot to you, maybe the money you could save with an E-PL2 would be more prudent choice. You could also get what is similar to the two of them, with the faster processor and AF of the E-PL3 with the E-PM1, though it does not have the same tactile control system that I think is a bit more efficiently tooled in the E-PL2, it does have the newer generation image processing and fast speed that the E-PL3 does. The other thing that puts the E-PL2 back a bit is that it processes only up to 8-bit raw. The E-PM1 and E-PL3 process up to 12-bit raw data, allowing for more tonal detail. This too may or may not be of any concern to you, being of only any real benefit when you specifically print images at 16-bit.

Also - the E-PM1 has a detachable stock flash, the E-PL2 and 3 have theirs built in.

Thanks for the Good Info. I have some questions
    Sorry If I am hijacking this thread.
    I shoot mainly out doors . I think the 14-42 will be fine for now . Later get a fast prime f 2.8
    I need 3 things . Fast AF and Great IQ. good / very good in low light conditions
    E-PM1 ??

Thankyou

Fred..
  • 02-18-2012, 11:52 AM
    Anbesol
    Well the AF in low light isn't very fast like it otherwise is, though it at least has a focus assist beam. It has fast AF in normal conditions, and it does have great IQ. A faster lens can help its low-light ability to focus. It does very well with stabilizing low shutter speeds, and it doesn't have that mirror slap issue for slower shutter speeds as well which assists its low-light function.

The only time I would consider AF in low light "good/very good" is with the feature of a cross type phase detect AF point and 2.8 or faster lens, available only in pro-grade DSLR bodies.