Back in the Game

Printable View

• 02-18-2011, 03:59 PM
    Greg McCary
    Back in the Game
    Well I am back into m4/3rds. I bought Liz's EPL-1 when she upgraded to the EPL-2. I swapped my step daughter the 14-42mm lens for her 17mm prime. I want it for it's faster speed and smaller size. But I have been playing around with my Voigtlander 15mm on it and it seems to be a nice combo. First there is no AF so really the shutter lag now is next to nothing. I can set focus to 1-2 meters and with it's amazing DOF the pictures are sharp as a tack. The optical finder is really close since the x2 crop factor has me really at 30mm. I can set the camera on aperture priority and set the F/stop to get what shutter speed I want. The lens is slow at 4.5 but with IS I can shoot at slower speeds anyway.
    I am hoping this will turn out to be a great street camera. If I want bokeh I will have to come up with another combo though. I think I am going to have fun.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...1959/epl-1.jpg
  • 02-21-2011, 06:33 AM
    Liz
    Re: Back in the Game
    Quote:

Well I am back into m4/3rds. I bought Liz's EPL-1 when she upgraded to the EPL-2. I swapped my step daughter the 14-42mm lens for her 17mm prime. I want it for it's faster speed and smaller size. But I have been playing around with my Voigtlander 15mm on it and it seems to be a nice combo. First there is no AF so really the shutter lag now is next to nothing. I can set focus to 1-2 meters and with it's amazing DOF the pictures are sharp as a tack. The optical finder is really close since the x2 crop factor has me really at 30mm. I can set the camera on aperture priority and set the F/stop to get what shutter speed I want. The lens is slow at 4.5 but with IS I can shoot at slower speeds anyway.
    I am hoping this will turn out to be a great street camera. If I want bokeh I will have to come up with another combo though. I think I am going to have fun.
    Hi Greg,

I'm so glad you're happy with the E-PL1 - it looks really cool with the VF and that beautiful lens. Also, it will be great with the 17mm lens for street photography.

I look forward to seeing some photos.

Liz
  • 02-21-2011, 12:08 PM
    Photo-John
    Looking forward to seeing what you do with that, Greg. I also have to comment on what a sexy camera setup that is. Camera looks don't take pictures. But a pretty piece of gear is still a nice thing. Love how that Voigtlander lens classes up the E-PL1 :)
  • 02-21-2011, 06:56 PM
    Greg McCary
    You should see it with the 28mm on it. Now that is sexy.