Canon Cameras Equipment Forum

For discussing all things Canon - Canon digital SLRs, Canon PowerShot digital cameras, Canon film cameras, lenses, accessories, etc. Your Canon Cameras Forum moderator is livin4lax09.
Canon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Canon Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 35mm Film SLR Reviews >>
All Canon Product Reviews >>
Canon Cameras & History >>

Wide Angel Lens Attachments for Rebel XT

I am looking to get a wide angle lens attachment for my Canon Rebel XT. There are a bunch on ebay for what I think is really cheap...but which one is the best? I am looking under here: http://photography.search.ebay.com/w...Z1QQsofocusZbs

I mostly take pictures of mountain biking and jumping, lots of action shots...but also flowers and people...

Re: Wide Angel Lens Attachments for Rebel XT

Those things don't really give you a quality picture. Buyer beware. They may be fun to play with but nothing close to buying a wide lens for the job.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Greg is right. I wouldn't waste my time or money on one of those. Save up some money and get a true wide angle lens and you will be happy you did.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

yeah I had a feeling you guys would say that. It seemed to good to be true...how much can I get a decent wide angle for?

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Good question. I paid $500 for my Tokina 12-24mm f/4 lens and I love it. Sigma also makes a wide angle in the same price range. The Sigma is a little wider 10-20mm, with a variable aperture. Canon also makes an ultrawide zoom lens, but it's a couple hundred bucks more. You may be able to find some cheaper wide angles out there too, but remember, you get what you pay for.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Liz

You might be interested in checking out this thread. It includes images from different wide angle lenses. At least you will get an idea of the kind of results you can get, plus more information.

The Ultra Wide Angle Thread

Liz

Thread Information