Canon Cameras Equipment Forum

For discussing all things Canon - Canon digital SLRs, Canon PowerShot digital cameras, Canon film cameras, lenses, accessories, etc. Your Canon Cameras Forum moderator is livin4lax09.
Canon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Canon Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 35mm Film SLR Reviews >>
All Canon Product Reviews >>
Canon Cameras & History >>
    Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

....so....who's thinking about the 7DII?

Old news by now and I'm sure everyone knows.

I was just about to buy a refurbished 7D (original) on Canon's site for just a little over $700 when the announcement was made.

Any comments by anyone who has a 7D or 70D?

To me, the 7DII looks to be a knock-out.
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Re: ....so....who's thinking about the 7DII?

Ok, I guess I'll answer my own question... I'm considering the 7DII. The specs look great. Was hoping to hear from people who are currently using the 70D for their feedback.

I'm still shooting with the 50D. To me, the 7DII will be a huge improvement over the 50D. I rarely use auto-focus so I would like to take a break

And cleaner high ISO would be icing on the cake for me. A win-win for me. What do people with newer Canon dSLRs think?

See my website HERE.

it seems a cost-effective one .
    best photo from best digital cameras

Thanks for considering the time to talk about this.
    Whether you want to pass Brain Dumps exam exams or looking for ICDL certification.

Andrew S

Product Information Interesting.

Thanks

Jon.

Why thinking of 7DII when using 5DIII?

Ok, I guess I'll answer my own question... I'm considering the 7DII. The specs look great. Was hoping to hear from people who are currently using the 70D for their feedback.

Super old thread, but I'll answer. I've owned a 7DI, I've owned a 10D, 350D, 30D, 5D, 1DsIII, 1DIII. I am not at all considering a 7DII. I think in general Canon has fallen behind. They've either been super conservative or really just couldn't keep up. The newer Sony sensors display incredibly high dynamic range, with low noise, Nikon uses Sony sensors too. Fuji is producing some incredible compact bodies with incredible sensors too. My original 7D was a noise machine, you had to be very careful to expose properly to avoid under exposing the shadows. It was very fast, and the AF was excellent, but the ISO performance disappointed me. On top of this, I believe Canon has been to conservative, resting on it's laurels and has been falling on innovation, whereas I hate to say it, Sony has been pushing the envelope in a lot of ways.

I guess I'd say if you don't care about AF and are looking for high ISO performance, the 7DII is probably not your camera. The 7D's forte has always been it's AF system and speed, and if that's not important to you, then the advantages of a 7D wouldn't benefit you. You'd be better off with a 6D.

For me, I just recently decided to take the plunge on a Sony A7r. It's an incredibly compact full frame body with more than decent high ISO performance, in a 36mp sensor. AF isn't super important to me either, but compact, lightweight, detail, and decent high ISO are. The new innovative Sony provides me with a body that is easily carried, and with an adapter allows me to still use my excellent Canon lenses. The Sony will adapt to just about any system and will accept legacy Canon FD glass that will make for some bargains down the line if I don't mind going full manual with my lenses. I've just started to experiment with the Sony but so far it's seems to be a well built, high performing body for landscape work. I'm enjoying the weight savings.
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Nice one ...... lol
    Justice? You get justice in the next world, in this world you have the law.

Quote Originally Posted by talukderkadim View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to talk about this, I feel strongly about it and really like mastering more on this subject. If feasible, as you acquire experience, would you mind updating your blog with much more information and facts? It is very helpful for me.
    I think it edible high dynamic range, with low noise, Nikon uses Sony sensors too. Fuji is producing some incredible compact bodies with incredible sensors too. My original 7D was a noise machine, you had to be very careful to expose properly to avoid under exposing the shadows. It was very fast, and the AF was excellent, but the ISO performance disappointed me.
    trail cameras

nice but lol

Quote Originally Posted by EOSThree View Post
    Super old thread, but I'll answer. I've owned a 7DI, I've owned a 10D, 350D, 30D, 5D, 1DsIII, 1DIII. I am not at all considering a 7DII. I think in general Canon has fallen behind. They've either been super conservative or really just couldn't keep up. The newer Sony sensors display incredibly high dynamic range, with low noise, Nikon uses Sony sensors too. Fuji is producing some incredible compact bodies with incredible sensors too. My original 7D was a noise machine, you had to be very careful to expose properly to avoid under exposing the shadows. It was very fast, and the AF was excellent, but the ISO performance disappointed me. On top of this, I believe Canon has been to conservative, resting on it's laurels and has been falling on innovation, whereas I hate to say it, Sony has been pushing the envelope in a lot of ways.

I guess I'd say if you don't care about AF and are looking for high ISO performance, the 7DII is probably not your camera. The 7D's forte has always been it's AF system and speed, and if that's not important to you, then the advantages of a 7D wouldn't benefit you. You'd be better off with a 6D.

For me, I just recently decided to take the plunge on a Sony A7r. It's an incredibly compact full frame body with more than decent high ISO performance, in a 36mp sensor. AF isn't super important to me either, but compact, lightweight, detail, and decent high ISO are. The new innovative Sony provides me with a body that is easily carried, and with an adapter allows me to still use my excellent Canon lenses. The Sony will adapt to just about any system and will accept legacy Canon FD glass that will make for some bargains down the line if I don't mind going full manual with my lenses. I've just started to experiment with the Sony but so far it's seems to be a well built, high performing body for landscape work. I'm enjoying the weight savings.
    Thank you for the well thought out response. I appreciate it!

See my website HERE.

As a 7D owner I can say it's been a fantastic camera so far, haven't seen many with the 70D yet but it's reviewed well from what I've researched on other popular sites.

little description from me....

In the five years since its launch, the Canon EOS 7D has gone from being a cutting-edge piece of technology to an apparent remnant of a bygone age. Not simply in the sense that its technology has been superseded, but also in that the idea of a pro-grade APS-C DSLR seemed to one whose time had passed.

Canon clearly doesn't think this is the case and, just as it did with the original 7D, has applied truly pro-grade autofocus to one of its best-built bodies. While Nikon appears to be encouraging its high-end users across to full frame, Canon's range continues to offer a range of options. The long-awaited EOS 7D Mark II takes the strengths of its predecessor - highly capable autofocus and video - and builds on every aspect of them.

Canon EOS 7D Mark II key specifications:

20MP Dual-Pixel AF CMOS Sensor
    10 fps continuous shooting with autofocus
    65 all cross-type autofocus sensor
    150,000 RGB + IR pixel metering sensor
    Dual Digic 6 processors
    Enhanced environmental sealing
    Compact Flash (UDMA) and SD (UHS-I) slots
    USB 3.0
    Built-in GPS
    Larger-capacity LP-E6N battery
    Shutter speeds up to 1/8000th seconds
    Shutter rated to 200,000 cycles (vs 150,000 on 7D)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    dil ka tota

When compared to its predecessor, the 7D Mark II shows improvements in many areas

well done for this nice post

Interesting points

I am not thing to but the Canon 7D because 6D price is bit closer to it... so i will prefer 6D insted of 7D Mk II Best Portrait Lenses for Canon 7D Mark II | Camera Comparison Review

I think 7d is good.

Thread Information