Canon Cameras Equipment Forum

For discussing all things Canon - Canon digital SLRs, Canon PowerShot digital cameras, Canon film cameras, lenses, accessories, etc. Your Canon Cameras Forum moderator is livin4lax09.
Canon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Canon Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 35mm Film SLR Reviews >>
All Canon Product Reviews >>
Canon Cameras & History >>

DSLR shooter trying out Canon EOS-3 FILM Camera

Hello
    I just joined this forum today, after browsing some forum posts about Film Cameras. There aren't many discussions about film cameras that I know of!

I was looking for such discussions because I have just bought a Canon EOS 3. Looking forward to its arrival. This will be my very first experience with a Film SLR!

Anyway I have shot with Canon DSLRs exclusively since 2005. I have used point & shoots both digital and film before 2005. Lately I have invested in the Canon line of lenses so my choices of Film SLRs was confined to Canons.

I am just looking for general info about film types and tips about shooting Film as opposed to digital, for best results. I like shooting portraits and street candids, also landscapes. Not interested in birds/wildlife.
    Sean

Re: DSLR shooter trying out Canon EOS-3 FILM Camera

The EOS 3 is an awesome camera. Unless you've had your hands on an EOS 1D digital SLR, you have yet to experience auto focus performance at its best. The EOS 3 was Canon's first body to have the 45-point AF system and I think it's still better than than anything but the EOS 1 and EOS 1D bodies. I traded my EOS 3 for the first EOS 1D and never looked back. Digital is just a better medium for me. But as far as film cameras go, it's hard to beat the EOS 3. It's built like a tank, is super fast, has super-accurate and quick auto focus, and the exposure metering is excellent. It's also one of the last cameras to include Canon Eye-Focus, which actually works quite well. But not quite well enough. The Eye-Focus is surprisingly accurate. If you shoot portraits or something that doesn't move quickly, then it's fine. But for action, or street photography - which you mentioned - it's best to be conservative and stick to the center focus point.

Let us know if you have any more questions. I just kind of gave the camera a quick round of praise. Suffice to say, I loved mine. Payed a fortune for it when I bought it. My dad has it now and he has beat the hell out of it. It is an wonderful camera.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information