Canon Cameras Equipment Forum

For discussing all things Canon - Canon digital SLRs, Canon PowerShot digital cameras, Canon film cameras, lenses, accessories, etc. Your Canon Cameras Forum moderator is livin4lax09.
Canon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Canon Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 35mm Film SLR Reviews >>
All Canon Product Reviews >>
Canon Cameras & History >>

Thread: Canon Rebel XTi

Canon Rebel XTi

I recently purchased a Rebel XTi to replace my film Rebel. Will my Quantaray SLR film lens work with the digital? I have two one is a 28-80mm and the other is a 70-300mm. The reason that I ask is that with the 70-300mm, I get an ERR99 message and witt the 28-80 depending on the mode of operation as well as the shooting light sometime it works and sometime I get the ERR99 message. Any insight would be appreciated.

Lens Errors

Quote Originally Posted by mwh6840
    I recently purchased a Rebel XTi to replace my film Rebel. Will my Quantaray SLR film lens work with the digital? I have two one is a 28-80mm and the other is a 70-300mm. The reason that I ask is that with the 70-300mm, I get an ERR99 message and witt the 28-80 depending on the mode of operation as well as the shooting light sometime it works and sometime I get the ERR99 message. Any insight would be appreciated.
    Generally, third-party lenses should work. But if your lenses are older than the AF system in the camera, you will likely have problems. Some third-party lens companies will "re-chip" older lenses to work with newer cameras. Quantaray is the Ritz Camera house brand so you'd have to talk to them about it. However, Quantaray lenses get fairly poor reviews in our zoom lens user reviews. So this might be a good time to upgrade. Why buy a new camera with great image quality and then sabotage it by putting sub-par glass in front of that wonderful sensor?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information