• 01-10-2007, 10:58 AM
    HockeyMom05
    Need Help Buying New Camera
    Hello, first off I'm new to this so if I mess up please excuse me. I am a true Hockey Mom and now that he is in HS the game is faster and I can't get as close as I used to when he was younger. I want a great zoom, the ability to take consecutive shots and it has to be digital. I don't want to hock my first born to actually purchase. I've looked at cameras but still don't know what would fit my needs best.
  • 01-10-2007, 12:58 PM
    pulpmojo
    Re: Need Help Buying New Camera
    It's kind of hard to give any useful suggestions if you don't provide a price range.
  • 01-10-2007, 02:38 PM
    HockeyMom05
    I would say no more than 1000 - 1500. I was reading up on the Cannon Rebel but wasn't happy about the lens. I'm very creative with the camera and tend to take good photo's...I really need to make it move faster if that makes sense. Maybe I'm out of my league in this forum?
  • 01-10-2007, 06:33 PM
    gryphonslair99
    Take a look at a 30D. 5 frame per second burst rate is nice when shooting sports. What ever you buy, buy the body only and buy the lens that you want seperately. I am not a hockey shooter but you might look at something like the 85mm f1.8. On the 30D it would be equivelent to a 136mm telephoto and f1.8 is pretty fast for indoor shooting. If you are looking for a telephoto, you might look at something in the Tamron or Sigma line, say around 24-70mm f2.8. Not quite as good in low light as an f1.8 but still quite useable. If you could up the budget a bit ( quite a bit actually) the 70-200mm f2.8 IS is a great lens. (Do you really want to keep that first born child?)
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/beta/con...goryNavigation
    Good luck.