Canon Cameras Equipment Forum

For discussing all things Canon - Canon digital SLRs, Canon PowerShot digital cameras, Canon film cameras, lenses, accessories, etc. Your Canon Cameras Forum moderator is livin4lax09.
Canon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Canon Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 35mm Film SLR Reviews >>
All Canon Product Reviews >>
Canon Cameras & History >>

Thread: XTi questions

XTi questions

I am planning on buying my first dslr, am seriously considering Canon Xti & I have read
    tons of reviews, I read some reviews on Wolf camera's website everyone said it was a great
    camera but a lot of them said "not good in low light" Iam wanting a camera that does everything i thought about trying some low light pictures, they fascinate me
    (check out hoursofdarkness.com& gothscapes.com) would I be allright using a tripod & long
    exposures? was just wondering...........Thanks

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: XTi questions

I had a bit of a look at the hours of darkness. All the photos I saw would definitly require a tripod and long exposure time depending on f/stop and iso of course.
    I'm not an xti owner but have never heard the complaint about low light before.
    Maybe some people expecting too much.

NO CAMERA DOES EVERYTHING
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by subhuman
    Iam wanting a camera that does everything
    Don't we all... Let us know if you find a camera that does everthing, cause I want one too!

When using long exposures, and high ISO settings with a digital camera, ANY digital camera, you are going to get more noise in your images. It's just the way it is. There is software out there that helps remove the noise, and some cameras have built in noise reduction that you can use as well. Check the reviews, and check the gallery for photos taken with the XTi. That will give you a better idea of what the image quality is like. Personally, I think the XTi is a great choice for a DSLR.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Nikon AND Canon!

My wife uses the XTi and it's a great rig. Low light hasn't ever been more of a problem for the camera than it has for any other camera I've used. The XTi is, imho, the best camera you can get in its price range and you should buy with confidence. Get yourself a good tripod and your low light shots will be just as good as any others.

dpreview.com has just about the most comprehensive and complete camera reviews you will ever find. Check this out: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0608/06...0drebelxti.asp

Hi,
    I don’t think you are going to find anything better for the price to do low light photography. Sometime ago I posted a comparison of the 400D/XTi to the 350D and the 5D. You can see the results at:
    http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=247069

Frans

Thread Information