• 04-04-2012, 04:52 AM
    hb1944
    Got my 5D MKIII but guess what
    Canon rep says they do not release the RAW information to third party vendors such as Adobe. So now I have to wait for them to figure it out. One upmanship ahead of customer service. He says that their software is superior to others in handling the raw information. Regardless I use Lightroom and Photoshop and aam not going to change.:confused:
  • 04-04-2012, 05:32 AM
    EOSThree
    Re: Got my 5D MKIII but guess what
    Relax, they're almost there.
    Lightroom 4.1 Now Available on Adobe Labs « Lightroom Journal
    This is pretty common with a new release.
  • 04-04-2012, 07:31 AM
    OldClicker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hb1944 View Post
    Canon rep says they do not release the RAW information to third party vendors such as Adobe. So now I have to wait for them to figure it out. One upmanship ahead of customer service. He says that their software is superior to others in handling the raw information. Regardless I use Lightroom and Photoshop and aam not going to change.:confused:

This is true for almost all brands with new models. Often, their is no real change other than the name of the model in the EXIF. Try changing it to the older model and see what happens. - Terry
  • 04-04-2012, 12:45 PM
    Photo-John
    Ohhh - the trials the early adopter is subjected to ;p

I just went through the same thing with my Canon EOS 5D Mk III studio tests. I just shot RAW+JPG and used the JPEG images until Lightroom gets updated. That's a good workaround. You could also use the Canon software. I've done that before, too. I agree that the LR workflow is much better and I prefer it even if the Canon software deliver better image quality. Your best bet is to update to the Lightroom 4.1 release candidate, though.
  • 04-06-2012, 05:35 AM
    hb1944
    Finally gave up and downloaded Lightroom 4 and then 4.1 so now have support. Thanks for your help.
  • 04-11-2012, 02:57 AM
    swakd
    :) i am agree with u people
  • 04-12-2012, 05:45 AM
    salluu
    i agree with u people
  • 04-12-2012, 10:22 PM
    obadiahlee
    yeah ran into the same shocking issue of the new RAW format and had to get LR4... still getting used to it.. good luck 5D3s out there!