Canon Cameras Equipment Forum

For discussing all things Canon - Canon digital SLRs, Canon PowerShot digital cameras, Canon film cameras, lenses, accessories, etc. Your Canon Cameras Forum moderator is livin4lax09.
Canon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Canon Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 35mm Film SLR Reviews >>
All Canon Product Reviews >>
Canon Cameras & History >>

Blue line on Canon PowerShot A590 LCD display

I bought a Canon PowerShot A590 camera yesterday, and I noticed one problem: When pointing at a light bulb, there is a vertical blue line goes across the lcd display, the bigger the light, the thicker the blue line. Is this normal?

Re: Blue line on Canon PowerShot A590 LCD display

Here is a link to a PR forum thread from a while back explaining your problem:

Lens Flare (Pan. DMC-TZ5)

It's actually not a "problem", since it will occur with all cameras using a CCD sensor chip. Follow the link for a more detailed explanation.

I think my problem isn't the same, but I figured I wouldn't create a new thread just to ask about it.

I bought a Canon XSI in October and it was working perfectly (still is, actually), but yesterday this blue line appeared on the LCD display.

The problem is I live in Brazil and bought it from Amazon (my sister received it when she went to NY), so what I want to know is - can it turn into a bigger problem? A blue line I can live with, but it'd be awful if it spreaded.

So, does anyone know what is the issue with the camera?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Reported the last post as spam.

I had a thin blue line develop on the LCD screen of my laptop. The diagnosis I got was that the monitor was shot. It was only a matter of time before more lines started to appear. Several months later the monitor is pretty much useless. I don't know if this is the same type of problem, but it is something I would have looked at if I could.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Lines on the screen are an addressing problem.
    On a Canon it's a known manufacturing problem on some batches, seems to be provoked by hot, humid environments.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thread Information