Canon Cameras Equipment Forum

For discussing all things Canon - Canon digital SLRs, Canon PowerShot digital cameras, Canon film cameras, lenses, accessories, etc. Your Canon Cameras Forum moderator is livin4lax09.
Canon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Canon Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 35mm Film SLR Reviews >>
All Canon Product Reviews >>
Canon Cameras & History >>

Problem with LCD on Cannon A60 Powershot

My brother has a Cannon Powershot A60. The camera works with the exception of the LCD screen. If he wants to use it for framming the sceen for taking a picture the LCD has lines in it and is jumping around.

I have looked on line and also looked through the manual and still don't see an answer so any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: Problem with LCD on Cannon A60 Powershot

I called Canon and they said that there was a problem with the a60 and they would fix it at no charge even though it was not under warrenty. Then they offered to trade it in on a 7meg pix A560 with bigger LCD screen stronger lens ond other better features for $75.00 so we desided to get the better camera, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Thanks for the update! It's nice to hear stories of companies standing behind their products. I'm guessing it's cheaper for Canon to replace the camera with a better model than it would be to fix the old one.

I'm a big fan of the Canon A series cameras. My wife has an A550 and I love to take it on walks when I don't want to carry my DSLR. I have sold a couple prints that I have taken with the A550.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

GP:
    Thanks for the heads up, like Mike says, is good to know they stand behind their product, I have the A560 and is great, not taking pictures at all right now, job is very hard and all the time left is soaking the feet in salt water, some day.......

Julian

Thread Information