Camera News and Rumors

Photography news and announcements for new digital cameras, film cameras, SLR lenses, and photography software.

New Camera and Photography News Section >>

X-Ray Cameras Are Back - Press Release

AUSTIN, Tx -- According to a new book recently published by A.D.D. Creations, LLC, almost every make and model of video camera can be modified to see through clothing, sunglasses, make-up, ink, and other materials.

The technology itself is not new. Since making its first appearance in 1998, Peeping Toms have been distributing pictures on the Internet of women who appear almost naked despite wearing clothes or a swimsuit.

Until recently, this capability has been confined to expensive modified Sony NightShot or Panasonic models, or rare Sony Handycams manufactured before August 1998. Now, just about anyone with a camera can do it at minimal expense.

"The technology is readily available," said M. Patrick Thompson, author of X-RAY CAMERAS REVEALED. "Inexpensive security and surveillance cameras are everywhere and easily converted, he said. According to the book, even the smallest digital still cameras, keychain cameras, and camcorders can be fitted with a conversion kit.

In response to privacy concerns, some camcorder manufacturers have made changes to their cameras to prevent this effect from working during bright sunlight, but according to X-Ray Cameras Revealed, almost any camera can be converted, including the most recent models.

"There will always be abusers of [any] technology, and they must be held accountable," said Thompson. "We don't want to encourage this behavior. There are a lot of legitimate and affordable applications for infrared imaging in business, government, and education,” he added.

Supporters of the technology have cited such uses as infrared still photography, which has been around for decades using traditional SLR cameras and specialized film. Photographers and artists can now use their digital camera or camcorder for infrared stills and video. The technology has also been reported to have helped firemen see through smoke to save lives, and aided authorities in detection of modified or forged documents and paintings.

According to one vendor of infrared products, some of their customers include hobbyists, law firms, law enforcement agencies, police departments, private investigators, research labs, and the military.

The technology has never been more affordable and available. As of now, the door is wide open to anyone with a video camera and a copy of X-RAY CAMERAS REVEALED, available now at Amazon.com. For more information please visit http://www.addcreations.com or call 1-800-378-8978.
    Last edited by glupidio; 03-07-2005 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Removed extraneous characters

But Do I Really Want To See?

Because I've recieved a couple of complaints about this post, I thought I'd tell everyone that I've left it because I thought it was kinda funny. It's definitely spam, but it amuses me for a few reasons. For one, I don't think posting it here is good targeting. And two, I'm not so sure I want to see through very many people's clothes. That might be a little too traumatic
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information