Camera News and Rumors

Photography news and announcements for new digital cameras, film cameras, SLR lenses, and photography software.

New Camera and Photography News Section >>

Wolverine ESP 250 GB Portable Multimedia Player - Press Release

Wolverine Data Ships 250GB Portable Multimedia Player

IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wolverine Data Inc. today announced it is shipping the Wolverine ESP portable multimedia player with a storage capacity of 250GB and the ability to deliver complete digital multimedia convergence while delivering the lowest cost per gigabyte in the industry at an estimated street price under $650.00.

The Wolverine ESP Model 5250 features a razor-sharp 3.6-inch TFT LCD display and the ability to store and view 125,000 digital photos, play 500 hours of video or 80,000 songs, plus the capability to record television programs and FM radio—all in a 5.3”x2.8”x0.9” footprint that weighs 10.2 ounces. It is ideal for professional and serious amateur photographers as well as for consumers who want the most extensive array of multimedia/multifunction capabilities in the palm of their hand.

Photographers will appreciate the ESP’s large 250GB storage capacity that allows them to offload RAW or JPEG digital photos directly from their cameras, eliminating the need to carry a laptop or buy expensive memory cards. Afterwards, they can view, zoom, rotate and evaluate the EXIF and Histogram information of their JPEG, bitmap, tiff, text or RAW images on the crystal-clear 3.6-in. screen, a TV or a computer and print directly to supported printers. The built-in 7-in-1 card reader accepts all popular memory cards including Compact Flash (CF), MicroDrive, Secure Digital (SD & SDHC), MMC, Memory Stick (MS), Memory Stick Pro (MS-Pro) and XD Card. An optional adapter accepts MS-Duo, MS Pro-Duo, Mini-SD and RS-MMC.

RAW files supported cameras include selected models of Canon, Nikon, Fujifilm, Olympus, Kodak, Pentax, Minolta, Konica Minolta, Panasonic, Contax, Leica and Sony.

Video enthusiasts will appreciate the Wolverine ESP’s ability to download, store and play hundreds of hours of their favorite TV shows and DVDs, then watch them on the player itself, on TV or on a computer. With the optional ESP Cradle System the unit acts as a digital video recorder (DVR), enabling users to record directly from TVs, DVD players, VCRs or any video source. Supported formats include MPEG-1, MPEG-4, WMV9 and Xvid.

Music lovers will enjoy the ability to download, store and play their favorite music in any popular format including MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC (MP4 audio) and CDA. As a bonus, they can also record off the ESP’s built-in FM radio.

The Wolverine ESP Model 5250 can be purchased online and at leading retailers for an estimated street price of less than $650. The optional ESP Cradle System is priced at $69.99.

About Wolverine Data
    Wolverine Data, Inc. designs sleek, rugged, mobile products that simplify how people back up, store, capture, view and share data such as photos, videos and music for professional and recreational uses. The company is located at 1370 Reynolds Avenue, Suite 116, Irvine, CA 92614.

For more information, please visit http://www.wolverinedata.com.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

Re: Wolverine ESP 250 GB Portable Multimedia Player - Press Release

Wow!! Thanks for the update PJ!!! I have had one of their 30 Gb PHDs and I just love it!!! It's taken a beating and never complained so I look forward to this big brother version.
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Post A Review?

Quote Originally Posted by CLKunst
    Wow!! Thanks for the update PJ!!! I have had one of their 30 Gb PHDs and I just love it!!! It's taken a beating and never complained so I look forward to this big brother version.
    Have you posted a review for your Wolverine storage unit? Here's a link to the products we have listed. If your's isn't there let me know and I'll add it for you:

Wolverine Portable Digital Storage >>
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information