Camera News and Rumors

Photography news and announcements for new digital cameras, film cameras, SLR lenses, and photography software.

New Camera and Photography News Section >>

PMA 2005 rumors?!?

Hey guys,

so has anyone heard any crazy rumors about products that are going to be coming out at the 2005 PMA?! I myself am anxiously awaiting a new canon digital rebel, I figured it has to be soon since Canon has their 100 bucks rebate program on the current digital rebel going until the end of the month. An upgrade to 8 MP from 6, perhaps?

Liz

Re: PMA 2005 rumors?!?

I agree about the price of the Rebel and many other digital cameras dropping - might be a sign! I'd love to see a new Rebel out that is even less expensive - wonder what else is coming out. What are the dates btw?

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by traveller456
    Hey guys,

so has anyone heard any crazy rumors about products that are going to be coming out at the 2005 PMA?! I myself am anxiously awaiting a new canon digital rebel, I figured it has to be soon since Canon has their 100 bucks rebate program on the current digital rebel going until the end of the month. An upgrade to 8 MP from 6, perhaps?

Re: PMA 2005 rumors?!?

The dates are February 20-23, 2005, at the Orlando Convention Center. Makes me wish I lived on the other side of the country (But I do love Los Angeles!)

The official site is at PMA 2005

and here are some PMA rumor sites:

Photography BLOG PMA Show Report

LetsGoDigital PMA Report

Steve's DigiCams

Just guessing

Quote Originally Posted by traveller456
    Hey guys,

It would be appropriate for Nikon to announce the D100 replacement, in reply to the Canon 20D. This probably means a new 8-10Mpix sensor in APS format, made by Sony. And as Sony also supplies Konica-Minolta and Pentax, this might mean new models from them using the new sensor.

All the signs are that Canon will replace the DRebel so that means perhaps 4 new digital SLR's announced.

Charles

Thread Information