PMA 2005 rumors?!?

Printable View

• 01-26-2005, 09:54 PM
    traveller456
    PMA 2005 rumors?!?
    Hey guys,

so has anyone heard any crazy rumors about products that are going to be coming out at the 2005 PMA?! I myself am anxiously awaiting a new canon digital rebel, I figured it has to be soon since Canon has their 100 bucks rebate program on the current digital rebel going until the end of the month. An upgrade to 8 MP from 6, perhaps?
  • 01-27-2005, 02:21 AM
    Liz
    Re: PMA 2005 rumors?!?
    I agree about the price of the Rebel and many other digital cameras dropping - might be a sign! I'd love to see a new Rebel out that is even less expensive - wonder what else is coming out. What are the dates btw?

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveller456
    Hey guys,

so has anyone heard any crazy rumors about products that are going to be coming out at the 2005 PMA?! I myself am anxiously awaiting a new canon digital rebel, I figured it has to be soon since Canon has their 100 bucks rebate program on the current digital rebel going until the end of the month. An upgrade to 8 MP from 6, perhaps?

• 01-27-2005, 09:44 AM
    traveller456
    Re: PMA 2005 rumors?!?
    The dates are February 20-23, 2005, at the Orlando Convention Center. Makes me wish I lived on the other side of the country (But I do love Los Angeles!)

The official site is at PMA 2005

and here are some PMA rumor sites:

Photography BLOG PMA Show Report

LetsGoDigital PMA Report

Steve's DigiCams
  • 01-27-2005, 01:38 PM
    Franglais
    Just guessing
    Quote:

Originally Posted by traveller456
    Hey guys,

It would be appropriate for Nikon to announce the D100 replacement, in reply to the Canon 20D. This probably means a new 8-10Mpix sensor in APS format, made by Sony. And as Sony also supplies Konica-Minolta and Pentax, this might mean new models from them using the new sensor.

All the signs are that Canon will replace the DRebel so that means perhaps 4 new digital SLR's announced.

Charles