Camera News and Rumors

Photography news and announcements for new digital cameras, film cameras, SLR lenses, and photography software.

New Camera and Photography News Section >>

Photomedia Center

Photomedia Center HOLGA SHOW Call for Entries

Hi Folks!

If this post isn't in the right place, moderators, please move it to where it would be appropriate.

I'm the Director of the Photomedia Center, a national non-profit, online art photography center at www.photomediacenter.org. I thought this recent call for entries we posted would be of interest to some on the boards here. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me by email.

Thanks,
    Eric

CALL FOR ENTRIES:
    THE HOLGA SHOW
    Photomedia Center 2006

ATTENTION fine art photographers working with HOLGA cameras!

In December 2006, the Photomedia Center will be featuring artists who have been invited through an open submissions process to exhibit their photography which was created with the assistance of the Holga toy camera. This plastic miracle has produced a track record unexpectedly beatuiful results in the hands of skilled image-makers.

Artists are welcome to submit up to 8 images for consideration for inclusion in the show. Final decisions will be made by the Photomedia Center staff and board of directors. Accepted images will be shown online at www.photomediacenter.org as the featured exhibit of the month and archived online in our "previous exhibitions" section of the site thereafter. There is no cost to enter your work, but if your work is selected, we ask that you donate a print of your image to the Photomedia Center for its permanent collection.

HOW TO ENTER

By email: Send up to 8 JPEG or TIFF images at 72 dpi, no greater than 800 pixels on each image's longest side. Attach all 8 images in ONE email to info@photomediacenter.org with your NAME and HOLGA ENTRY in the subject line.

By post: Send a CD with up to 8 JPEG or TIFF images at 72 dpi, no greater than 800 pixels on each image's longest side. Send your CD to Photomedia Center, 12 Lewis Rd, Belmont, MA 02478. Label your CD with your NAME and HOLGA ENTRY.

For BOTH email and postal submissions, you must include the following information: your name, contact information (address and email), a list of works included with complete titles.

CDs will not be returned, and all notification of acceptance or rejection of submissions will be delivered via email no later than November 25, 2006. While all due care will be taken with submissions, the Photomedia Center is not responsible for lost or misdirected entries, unreadable CDs, and the like. Entry implies that you have read the above terms and agree to them. Contact info@photomediacenter.org with any questions about the application process.

DEADLINE:
    All entries MUST be received through email or post by November 11, 2006.

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Re: Photomedia Center HOLGA SHOW Call for Entries

I already heard about this one!
    I'll be entering this one baby!
    Brian
    Holgas ROCK!!!!!
    :thumbsup:
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Re: Photomedia Center HOLGA SHOW Call for Entries

::eyebrow raises::
    hmmmmmmmmm.....

Thread Information