Camera News and Rumors

Photography news and announcements for new digital cameras, film cameras, SLR lenses, and photography software.

New Camera and Photography News Section >>

Photokina 2004 - September 28 to October 3

The Photokina tradeshow takes place every two years in Cologne, Germany. The 2004 show will be held from September 28 to October 3. Traditionally, camera and other photography equipment manufacturers make some of their biggest product introductions at Photokina. Look forward to new product announcements by Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Leica and all the other big photographic manufacturers.

http://www.photokina.de/
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    The Photokina tradeshow takes place every two years in Cologne, Germany. The 2004 show will be held from September 28 to October 3. Traditionally, camera and other photography equipment manufacturers make some of their biggest product introductions at Photokina. Look forward to new product announcements by Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Leica and all the other big photographic manufacturers.

I'm actually going to be in Germany and am wondering about attending. Is it open to the general public or do you have to have some type of credentials to get in. I looked at their website, but couldn't really tell.

Please reply to flankj@zoominternet.net

Not Sure

Quote Originally Posted by flankj
    I'm actually going to be in Germany and am wondering about attending. Is it open to the general public or do you have to have some type of credentials to get in. I looked at their website, but couldn't really tell.

Please reply to flankj@zoominternet.net
    I haven't ever gone to Photokina so I don't know. That's a good question, though. My guess is that it's so big it's got to be open to the public. I know they have two sections - consumer and pro. That would also suggest that it would be open to the public.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

It's open to everyone

I haven't ever gone to Photokina so I don't know. That's a good question, though. My guess is that it's so big it's got to be open to the public. I know they have two sections - consumer and pro. That would also suggest that it would be open to the public.
    Look at the English version of the web site in the "Facts and Figures" part.

- it's open to everyone
    - costs 18 Euros (about $20) to get in
    - opening hours 10am to 6pm

I have lots of holidays to use up right now and Cologne isn't that far from home. I don't know Cologne very well but its clear its not as exciting as visiting Las Vegas..

Charles

Question

At the end of September I'll be going to Photokina for the first time which I'm quite excited about. I'm not sure, but I've heard it's the biggest photographic tradeshow in the world, is this right? I'll going to be looking for a professional scanner so who knows what I'll find, but it looks like Imacon and also ICG are attending Photokina so at least I've got a starting point!

What are others looking for while they're there? Anything particular?
    Last edited by pauls; 09-07-2004 at 08:59 AM.

Thomas PR News at Photokina

Thomas PR Client News at Photokina

CONCORD CAMERA
    Hall 1.1, Booth B048-C041 (First Floor, Aisle B/C)
    Concord Camera will be introducing new Wi-Fi digital camera technology, 6 MP digital cameras, the new DVx Diva and DVx digital video cameras, and film cameras at Photokina. Meet with Jeff Mandell, VP of Marketing and Karen Thomas, Thomas PR.

FOVEON
    Hall 11.1 (WWL Booth-C-03/D-031)
    FOVEON will be at the WWL booth at Photokina showing their X3 technology in consumer digital cameras. Meet with Eric Zarakov, VP of Marketing.

MAGIX
    Hall 10.1 Booth B-39
    Magix will be introducing PhotoStory 2005 for automatic slide shows and Movies on CD & DVD 2005 home DVD creation software. Meet with Lars Janzik, VP of Marketing.

M-ROCK
    Hall 11.1 Booth E-17
    M-Rock will be introducing their line of non-scratch camera bags with loads of pockets and special features like u-shapped lens cradles and compartments for CD players. Meet with Michael Rockwell, President.

Concord Camera to Demonstrate Wi-Fi Technology at Photokina

For press release to link to your site, click: http://www.thomas-pr.com/pressreleases/concordwifi.html

Agency Contact:
    Karen Thomas
    Thomas PR
    (631) 549-7575
    kthomas@thomas-pr.com

PHOTOKINA: HALL 1.1, BOOTH B048-C041

CONCORD CAMERA CORP. DEMONSTRATES REVOLUTIONARY
    WI-FI TECHNOLOGY FOR DIGITAL CAMERAS

Fast Wi-Fi Photo Transmission at 1/10th of a second for a 4 Megapixel Image

Hollywood, FL September 20, 2004 -- Concord Camera Corp. (“Concord”) (Nasdaq:LENS), a leader in award-winning, high-quality, affordably priced digital cameras, announced today that it will demonstrate its clever new wireless image transfer technology for digital cameras called WIT™ (Wireless Image Transfer) at Photokina next week in Cologne, Germany.

Concord will showcase the new WIT™ technology through a standalone prototype, a pocket-sized 2” x 2” WIT™-enabled Wi-Fi device which plugs into a camera’s USB port allowing photos to be transmitted wirelessly over the Internet from Concord digital cameras, as well as other cameras utilizing mass storage technology. WIT™ technology transmits using the 802.11b standard for compatibility with all Wi-Fi hot spots and base stations, as well as using the 802.11g standard to take advantage of the latest and fastest Wi-Fi transmission technology. It is about 1500 times faster than traditional GSM (GPRS) networks today, and will be 20 times faster than mobile 3G networks. WIT™ enables users to transmit a high quality 4 Megapixel image at 1/10th of a second, and video clips at up to 54Mb per second. WIT transmits images by e-mail or FTP with the help of a WI-FI access point or Hotspot.

“As Wi-Fi explodes globally, we believe this type of wireless imaging technology has great potential for standalone camera accessories, as well as, being integrated into digital cameras,” said Jeff Mandell, VP Worldwide Marketing.

With the new WIT™ Technology, Concord continues a long history of cutting-edge innovation in wireless imaging. Last year, Concord introduced a Bluetooth-enabled digital camera available for under $200, the Concord Go Wireless. The Go Wireless went on to win many industry awards and accolades, including Popular Mechanics “Editor’s Choice Award” at CES 2003. Concord was also one of the first camera companies to develop mass-market consumer digital cameras that could interface with cell phones via infrared signals with the Concord Eye-Q Ir, which was sold by Nokia with their 9210 Communicator.

Concord is presently evaluating WIT™ technology as both a standalone device, as well as an integrated module in select digital cameras. For more information, see the Concord web site at: www.concord-camera.com.

About Concord Camera Corp.
    Concord Camera Corp. is a global developer, designer, manufacturer and marketer of high quality, popularly priced, digital, instant, Advanced Photo System (APS) and 35mm cameras. Concord markets its cameras worldwide under the trademarks POLAROID, JENOPTIK, CONCORD and CONCORD EYE Q through direct sales offices in the United States, Canada, Germany, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom, France and Japan and through independent sales agents. Products manufactured by Concord are manufactured in its vertically integrated manufacturing facilities in the People’s Republic of China. The POLAROID trademark is owned by Polaroid Corporation and is used by Concord under license from Polaroid. The JENOPTIK trademark is owned by Jenoptik AG and is used by Concord under license from Jenoptik AG. CONCORD and CONCORD EYE Q are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Concord Camera Corp. in the United States and/or other countries.

Except for the historical matters contained herein, statements in this press release are forward-looking and are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Investors are cautioned that forward-looking statements, including the statements regarding anticipated or expected results and the future introduction of new products, involve risks and uncertainties which may affect the Company's business and prospects, including the risks discussed under "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended June 28, 2003 and subsequently filed reports. Any forward-looking statements contained in this press release represent our estimates only as of the date hereof, or as of such earlier dates as are indicated, and should not be relied upon as representing our estimates as of any subsequent date. While we may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point in the future, we specifically disclaim any obligation to do so, even if our estimates change.

# # #

this one is by far the most elegant, yet the most useless newcomer to the photographic market
    http://www.zeissikon.com/camera.htm
    it is absolutely stunning, but who would want to by a new film-based m-mount rangefinder? m-mount + film = leica, as we all know... The only justification for this system is a future digital body, if there is one.

Thread Information