• 07-14-2006, 09:54 PM
    LandscapeDecor
    Photographic Tour New Zealand 2007
    G'Day...
    First Post here!
    Wanted to let you all know about a Photo Tour I am running April 2007...
    Hope to spend some time here getting to know some of you!
    Geoff

Join leading landscape photographers Geoff White and Nick Dixon on an unforgettable 10 day tour of New Zealand's (South Island) most breath taking scenery. From Glacial Lakes, to pristine Fiords, this trip offers the ultimate in photographic opportunities. Both Geoff and Nick have extensive experience photographing New Zealand's South Island, and will share their secrets to getting great pictures. Places are strictly limited to ensure a small group experience for everyone so BOOK EARLY to avoid disappointment!

Day 1 - We photograph "The Church of the Good Shepherd" overlooking Lake Tekapo and then on to Peters Lookout for Sunset shots. Peters Lookout has awesome views of Mount Cook over Lake Pukake.
    Day 2 - Starting off at Les's Lake for Sunrise, (you wont find this on any map!) we then head for the Hooker Glacier. This easy walk takes us to the terminal moraine. Kelland Ponds and Lake Ohau complete the day.
    Day 3 - Sunrise at Roys Bay and a pleasant drive along Lake Wanaka Beyond Glendhu Bay provide excellent opportunities to photograph the Autumn show.
    Day 4 - Heading around the Western side of Lake Dunstan, we head north to the old gold mining town of St Bathans. The reflections in the lake here are awesome. Then on to Cromwell, and finally sunset at Coronet Peak.
    Day 5 - We spend the morning at Arrowtown, and along the arrow river. This is probably New Zealands most famous town for the Autumn display. We then head back to Queenstown and up the eastern side of Lake Wakatipu to Glenorchy. The alpine/lake scenery here is breath-taking.
    Day 6 - Its off to Fiordland. Starting with a boat trip across Lake Manapouri, then a Bus over Wilmott Pass. Around Noon, we board the Milford Mariner for an overnight cruise on Doubtful Sound.
    Day 7 - We arrive in Queenstown in plenty of time for the adventurous to fit in some of Queenstowns famous EXTREME sports or just catch your breath in a cafe....
    Day 8 - We leave Queenstown behind and its off to the West Coast. Photographic opportunities include Fantail Falls, Blue Pools, and the Ship Creek boardwalk.
    Day 9 - Up early to catch the sunrise at Lake Matheson - truly an awesome spectacle! Then off for some Heli-Hiking! A helicopter drops the party off on the Franz Josef glacier where we are treated to a guided hike.
    Day 10 - Stopping at Punakaiki or "Pancake Rocks" we arrive back in Christchurch to complete this odyssey!

For More Info please visit http://www.landscapedecor.com.au to register your interest in this trip.
    or if you just want to look as some pics.... http://www.geoffwhitelandscapes.com

Cheers,
    Geoff
  • 07-14-2006, 10:32 PM
    tink
    Re: Photographic Tour New Zealand 2007
    Hey Geoff, just browsing your website, loving your work. You have captured some amazing landscapes! You dont happen to dispaly in craft markets locally do you? I'm sure I've seen some of these images there before! The NZ trip sounds awesome. Somehow I doubt I'd be able to go, as much as I"d love to!
  • 07-15-2006, 02:02 AM
    LandscapeDecor
    Re: Photographic Tour New Zealand 2007
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tink
    Hey Geoff, just browsing your website, loving your work. You have captured some amazing landscapes! You dont happen to dispaly in craft markets locally do you? I'm sure I've seen some of these images there before! The NZ trip sounds awesome. Somehow I doubt I'd be able to go, as much as I"d love to!

Hi Wendy....
    thanks for the feedback!
    I dont do the craft markets - most of my images are Limited Edition.
    If you see any at craft markets, then someone is ripping them off! - so I hope you havent seen any!
    As for NZ, you have plenty of time to save....
    I have kept the cost very low - AUD$2800 Land Content so if you have Frequent Flyers its a really inexpensive holiday for what we are doing....
    Cheers,
    Geoff