Camera News and Rumors

Photography news and announcements for new digital cameras, film cameras, SLR lenses, and photography software.

New Camera and Photography News Section >>

Pentax Valentine's Digital Camera - Press Release

PENTAX Offers Popular Waterproof Camera in Red and Blue for Valentine's Day Giving

GOLDEN, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 2, 2006--The popular line of PENTAX waterproof digital cameras is now available in red and blue as well as traditional silver just in time for Valentine's Day giving. The WP series compact digital cameras offers high resolution for shooting performance in a variety of conditions and features 6.0 effective megapixels packed in a slim body that captures images up to five feet underwater and offers a JIS Class 5 dustproof rating. Perfect for extreme indoor or outdoor adventure, the OptioWPi offers high resolution images with a quick start-up, a 3X zoom lens and an ultra-fast 9-point Autofocus to keep subjects sharp.

"This Optio series is more than just waterproof. These cameras are lifeproof and able to go anywhere there is likely to be a photo opportunity," said Ned Bunnell, director of marketing, PENTAX Imaging Company.

The colorful PENTAX OptioWPi also offers a 2.0-inch LCD monitor, a quick 0.6 second start-up, a recover function to retrieve erased images and overall operational ease. While the traditional silver model is available from a variety of dealers, the red and blue versions are available exclusively at www.h20camera.com. Orders must be placed by February 7, 2006, to ensure delivery by February 14, 2006.

PENTAX Imaging Company is an innovative leader in the production of digital and film cameras, scopes, eyepieces, binoculars, lenses, mobile printers, scanners and internet cameras. For more than 80 years, PENTAX technology has developed durable, reliable products that meet the needs of consumers and businesses. With headquarters in Golden, Colorado, PENTAX Imaging Company is a division of PENTAX of America, Inc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pentax Valentine's Digital Camera - Press Release-pentax.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Pentax Valentine's Digital Camera - Press Release

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    PENTAX Offers Popular Waterproof Camera in Red and Blue for Valentine's Day Giving

GOLDEN, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 2, 2006--The popular line of PENTAX waterproof digital cameras ...clip....

The colorful PENTAX OptioWPi ..clip...
    I'm thing of getting one of these. But Sony has a thinner one, and I've also looked at Nikon and Olympus Cameras.

GRF

Quote Originally Posted by freygr
    I'm thing of getting one of these. But Sony has a thinner one, and I've also looked at Nikon and Olympus Cameras.

GRF
    That's a waterproof digital. Here's a link to my pro review for the previous waterproof Pentax digital, the OptioWP: http://www.photographyreview.com/cat...x.aspx?TabID=2

I don't think Nikon or Sony have waterproof cameras. Olympus has one on the way: Olympus Stylus 720 SW Digital Camera - Press Release

I've been shooting with the Olympus Stylus 800 Digital. If the new Stylus 720 SW is anything like the 800, then it's gonna rock.
    Photo-John

I think that 720SW is my next camera. It will replace the old Pentax WR film camera for sea kayaking trips, and be small enough to carry anywhere.

So, if you get one to test out...

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    I think that 720SW is my next camera. It will replace the old Pentax WR film camera for sea kayaking trips, and be small enough to carry anywhere.

So, if you get one to test out...
    Oh yeah - I'm getting one to test. It might be my next compact camera, too.
    Photo-John

Thread Information