Camera News and Rumors

Photography news and announcements for new digital cameras, film cameras, SLR lenses, and photography software.

New Camera and Photography News Section >>

Thread: Ilford go under

Ilford go under

The guy in my nearest pro shop didn't have any Delta 100 in stock when I went in earlier. And he didn't know when they would get any more as the company has just gone into receivership i.e. laying off people, looking for a new owner.

Checked it out on Cafe Ilford and the Daily Telegraphy financial site and it appears to be true.

See http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...cnilford24.xml

Well that's a nuisance.
    Charles

Well it's no secret that film sales are on a serious decline, but I think the title of this thread is a little misleading. I think I read that they have let go half of the employees but they're not "under". I'm sure we'll see a reduction in the number of products offered but I'd rather see that than nothing at all. Too bad, but they have to keep up with the times.

I understand Kodak is discontinuing Tech Pan at the end of this year too. I'm pretty bummed about Ilford but not sure if I need to fill the freezer yet...

I hope its misleading too

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    Well it's no secret that film sales are on a serious decline, but I think the title of this thread is a little misleading. I think I read that they have let go half of the employees but they're not "under". I'm sure we'll see a reduction in the number of products offered but I'd rather see that than nothing at all. Too bad, but they have to keep up with the times.

I understand Kodak is discontinuing Tech Pan at the end of this year too. I'm pretty bummed about Ilford but not sure if I need to fill the freezer yet...
    I hope we'll continue to see Ilford products but I think that the situation is pretty serious. If they're "insolvent" then this means they can't pay their suppliers so they can't manufacture anything. The survival of the company is at stake. And the thing that drags them down is the film business.

Charles

Thread Information