• 06-23-2004, 01:32 PM
    Franglais
    Nikon D2X, D50, D90, F6, etc.
    I was stuck on a windy station platform in a town called Lens this afternoon so I thought it would be appropriate to buy this months Chasseurs d'Images to pass the time. Here are the latest rumours.

Nikon should announce the D2X in time for Photokina this fall. It will be like the D2H with twice the number of pixels (like the D1X & D1H). The D50 and D90 (derived from the D70) should appear before next February (PMA). There may also be a new manual-focus film SLR, rather like an F5 but with no interchangable viewfinder, which might be called the F6.

This fall Canon should release the EOS 3000D for 599€ (the 300D sells for about 1000€).

Pentax may release a simplified version of the ist-D for perhaps 899€.

Minolta should have a prototype of their digital SLR at Photokina, but don't expect to see it in the shops till next year.

Well I thought it was quite interesting reading. At least some of it must be true..

Charles
  • 06-23-2004, 01:49 PM
    Photo-John
    Thanks!
    Good stuff, Charles. I'm sure we'll start seeing press releases in late August. I'm excited to see what Pentax comes up with and I'm also really excited about the Konica Minolta digital SLR with built-in image stabilization. That really ups the ante for the other manufacturers.
  • 06-23-2004, 03:56 PM
    Liz
    Interesting......thanks
    That sounds very interesting. I'm still extraordinarily happy with my Rebel 300D. However, I like seeing progress, decrease in costs for the consumer, etc. Thanks for posting this. It gives hope to those who would love to get their hands on a DSLR, but couldn't afford one. ;)

BTW, where is Photokina and when?

Liz
  • 06-23-2004, 09:51 PM
    Franglais
    Photokina
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz
    That sounds very interesting. I'm still extraordinarily happy with my Rebel 300D. However, I like seeing progress, decrease in costs for the consumer, etc. Thanks for posting this. It gives hope to those who would love to get their hands on a DSLR, but couldn't afford one. ;)

BTW, where is Photokina and when?

Liz

Photokina is in Cologne, Germany. It's at the end of September or early October.

There may be other things on the way from Canon. They really don't talk about their future plans until just before release date.

I'm tempted by the D90. I know what lens I'd like - the 17-55 f2.8 constant. But if I put it on the D70 I'm not sure I'll be able to use my big Metz flash, which is essential for some of the indoor things I do.

Charles

(Corrected spelling mistake of Cologne, or Koln as is in the original German)