• 03-17-2004, 03:11 PM
    Photo-John
    New USB Drives From Lexar:Press Release
    Lexar Media announced two new USB flash drives at the CEBIT trade show, in Hannover, Germany.
  • 03-17-2004, 03:15 PM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    Lexar Media Introduces JumpDrive Photo
    Lexar Media Introduces JumpDrive Photo

Addresses the Professional Photographer’s Need for High-Speed Data Transfer and Large Storage Capacity in a Compact, Durable Design; Value-Added Package Includes Image Rescue 2.0, Lexar Media’s Award-Winning Image Recovery Software

HANNOVER, GERMANY, March 17, 2004 (CEBIT Hall 20, Stand D28) -- Lexar Media,
    Inc. (Nasdaq: LEXR), a leading marketer and manufacturer of high-performance digital
    media and accessories, today introduced JumpDrive® Photo, a 40X speed-rated, large
    capacity USB 2.0 flash drive designed to satisfy the needs of photographers who require
    professional-level performance, in a rugged industrial design. JumpDrive Photo is an ideal
    storage solution for professionals who share their digital images, presentations and other
    important information in the office and on the road, as the unit allows for an immediate
    transfer of data to PCs and Macs without requiring drivers or any other software support. In
    addition, all capacities of JumpDrive Photo ship with Image Rescue 2.0, Lexar Media’s
    award-winning software that allows for the immediate recovery of seemingly “lost” or
    deleted images from memory cards and JumpDrive Photo. Like JumpDrive Photo, Image
    Rescue 2.0 is a ‘must-have’ tool for professional photographers worldwide.

“JumpDrives have become an indispensable part of my day-to-day workflow, when I’m in
    the office and out on a shoot,” said professional photographer Didrik Johnck. “I now carry
    my presentations and digital portfolios on JumpDrives, rather than burning CDs and taking
    them with me. And when I’m in the field, working with more than one laptop, I take full
    advantage of how quickly and easily I can transfer files back and forth,” he added.

“We are enhancing an already-strong portable storage solution by including Image Rescue
    2.0, our well-respected image recovery software that not only recovers deleted images but
    also permanently deletes data from the card,” said Dave Klenske, Director of Product
    Marketing. “JumpDrive Photo delivers professional-level storage capacity and performance,
    while Image Rescue 2.0 provides a peace of mind knowing that the software will help
    recover any images that appear to be ‘lost’ on a photographer’s media card.”

JumpDrives are portable USB flash drives that allow users to conveniently store, carry and
    transfer files that are often too large to fit on other media such as CDs, floppy disks and Zip drives – as is the case with many presentation, image, and music files.

Designed in a durable plastic housing and rubberized cap to protect against rough use and
    the elements, JumpDrive Photo will be available in April with an estimated retail price of
    $89.99 (256MB) and $179.99 (512MB). Later this spring Lexar Media will introduce 1GB
    and 2GB versions of JumpDrive Photo.

JumpDrive Photo is a USB 2.0 device and backward compatible with USB 1.1 ports. The
    drive itself is completely compatible with – and does not require drivers for – the following
    operating systems: Windows 2000/Me/XP, Mac OS 8.6+, and Mac OS X. Image Rescue
    2.0 requires the following operating systems: Windows 2000/XP, and Mac OS X.

For more information, please visit www.lexarmedia.com
  • 03-17-2004, 03:18 PM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    Lexar Media’s JumpDrive 2.0 Pro 80X
    Lexar Media’s JumpDrive® 2.0 Pro 80X Sets New Precedent
    for Professional-Level USB Flash Drive Performance

HANNOVER, GERMANY, March 17, 2004 (CEBIT Hall 20, Stand D28) -- Lexar Media,
    Inc. (Nasdaq: LEXR), a leading manufacturer and marketer of high-performance digital
    media and accessories, today introduced JumpDrive® 2.0 Pro 80X, the most recent addition to the company’s market-leading line of USB flash drives. Featuring a minimum sustained read and write speed capability equal to that of twelve megabytes per second, JumpDrive 2.0 Pro 80X is designed for professionals who need to move stored information from one location to another, instantly. Shipping in April in capacities of 256MB, 512MB and 1GB, JumpDrive 2.0 Pro 80X further satisfies the speed and capacity demands of professional users.

“IT managers are among many professionals who will find more time in their day, thanks to
    the rapid transfer of information from their JumpDrive to the destination,” said Dave
    Klenske, Director of Product Marketing, Lexar Media. “A full range of capacities also
    makes life easier, as professionals who prefer to carry one JumpDrive can store up to 1GB
    of information on the high-capacity model, while those who choose to designate one
    JumpDrive for each individual task can still take advantage of the improved transfer rate.”

JumpDrives are popular portable USB flash drives that allow users to conveniently store,
    carry and transfer files that are often too large to fit on other media such as CDs, floppy
    disks and Zip drives – as is the case with many presentation, image, and music files.

JumpDrive 2.0 Pro 80X will be available in April with an estimated retail price of $89.99
    (256MB), $189.99 (512MB) and $349.99 (1GB).

Like all models within Lexar Media’s professional series of JumpDrive products, JumpDrive
    2.0 Pro 80X is a USB 2.0 device and backward compatible with USB 1.1 ports. The drive
    itself is completely compatible with – and does not require drivers for – the following
    operating systems: Windows 2000/Me/XP, Mac OS 8.6+, and Mac OS X.

For more information, please visit www.lexarmedia.com