Plustek and SilverFast Demo iSRD Technology at PMA 2005

Plustek Previews OpticFilm 7200i -- Professional Resolution Scanner for Slides and Negatives with New Infrared Scanning Channel for Seamless Image Defect Removal

Plustek Inc (www.plustek.com), a leading manufacturer of consumer, prosumer and professional imaging devices, today launched the OpticFilm 7200i, a professional-grade film and negative scanner, at the Photo Marketing Association (PMA) show in Orlando. Following on the heels of the company's award-winning OpticFilm 7200, the OpticFilm 7200i will be the first scanner to incorporate SilverFast's new Infrared Selective Removal of Defects (iSRD) technology, which provides an additional infrared scanning channel, on top of the standard scan channels, to remove any defects on the surface of the film or in the scanned image. A high-tech hardware enhancement, the SilverFast iSRD automatically eliminates the appearance of grime and visually fills in scratches for near-perfect scans. Pricing will be set to match market demand, but is anticipated to be between $299 and $399, with the unit shipping in late Q3 to the U.S. market.

Powered by USB high-speed 2.0, the OpticFilm 7200i is one of the highest-resolution film scanners on the market (7200X7200 dpi) in a consumer device. At this resolution and speed, even the smallest slide details are scanned with brilliant quality and the built-in iSRD allows for unprecedented professional quality -- at home or in the office. The scanner is able to generate an uncompressed picture file (24-bit color depth) that is 200 MB or larger or equal to about a 75-megapixel resolution digital camera.

Sales/Purchase

The OpticFilm 7200i is anticipated to be available in late summer. For more information, please visit, www.plustek.com