Camera News and Rumors

Photography news and announcements for new digital cameras, film cameras, SLR lenses, and photography software.

New Camera and Photography News Section >>

Press Release: Calibration For Digital Darkroom

ColorVision Introduces Low Cost - High Quality
    Calibration Systems For The Digital Darkroom

LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. – February 3, 2004 – ColorVision Inc., a Datacolor company has upgraded and bundled its new PrintFIX™ product with the award winning SpyderPRO™ in a truly affordable $449 package, shaving hundreds of dollars off currently available alternatives for calibrating monitors and profiling printers for paper types.

The package containing ColorVision's critically acclaimed SpyderPRO, a precise calibration system for LCD and CRT monitors and the newly upgraded PrintFIX, an integrated hardware/ software solution that delivers accurate inkjet printer profiles for outstanding photographic prints, has received enthusiastic endorsements from industry and user experts alike:
    'Great deal!' – DPReview.com
    '… an affordable printer profiling solution.' – NaturePhotographers.com
    'The first unit of its type to be affordable for nearly anyone.' – Outdoor Photographer Magazine
    'Taking the mystery out of color management.' – Shutterbug Magazine

"As a true art photographer it's critical that the adjustments I make on screen appear properly in the print. I was literally floored when, on the first pass through, your software delivered a profile that was over 90% accurate…. I'm one happy camper" – a satisfied customer.

PrintFIX offers a user-friendly solution for photographers, and graphic and fine artists who are frustrated by prints that do not match their monitors. Outstanding prints can be produced on just about any paper – heavy weight, matte, luster, high quality glossy, fine art and even watercolor papers. PrintFIX is the latest addition to the award-winning PANTONE®COLORVISION® line of accurate and affordable color control solutions for photo, design and prepress applications.
    The new PrintFIX software has been updated and now supports sixteen of EPSON®'s most popular photo printers, as well as six of CANON®'s, with new models and manufacturers being added continuously. New printer specific calibration charts may be downloaded as they become available at: http://www.ColorVision.com/sup_dl-upgrades.shtml.
    "PrintFIX was developed in response to a critical need expressed by our customers," explained Brian Levey, Vice President of ColorVision. "Specifically, 'how can I get my prints to match what I see on my screen without being a color guru or breaking the bank?' PrintFIX provides an affordable way for users to get professional quality prints. The savings gained from avoiding the waste of time, paper and inks involved in the usual trial and error of matching quickly pays for the product. PrintFIX is a breakthrough in the price/performance ratio in color management.
    Levey continues; "ColorVision has been leading the charge in digital color-control for the last four years and plans to stay in front of the pack with the most sought-after products in the market with very attractive programs and prices for our dealers. By packaging the award winning SpyderPRO with OptiCAL™ and PrintFIX we are creating for the first time in the industry an affordable integrated hardware/software solution from monitor calibration to printer profiling. When your monitor is calibrated, you assure color accuracy so your prints look closer to your original input. Because we want our customers to have the tools they need at prices they can afford, we are specially offering SpyderPRO+PrintFIX™ a $578 value, at $449."
    For more information visit the ColorVision Web site: http://www.colorvision.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information