Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Would you buy Nikon from WalMart?

My nikon D80 light meter has started acting up so I am looking for a new camera body.
    So I have just started my research.

I looked thru the first 3 pages of this forum and did a search but could not find any posts or feedback on Walmart. I know many don't like Walmart for one reason or another.
    I did check to see if Walmart is an authorized nikon dealer and they are.

The recommended sellers short list posted here
    ( Recommended sites and sites to avoid )
    should really help me narrow the number of websites I need to checkout.

All Walmart comments welcome and thanks for looking at my post.
    Bob in Denver
    ==========
    Larger photos always available in my user gallery
    http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=278310

Re: Would you buy Nikon from WalMart?

NO, I would not. Take a look at the reviews at the link below and decide for yourself, Jeff

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Walmart
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Jeff,
    Thank you for the link. There are some pretty unhappy customers in there.

I thought I would do a spreadsheet on a couple different models to compare price, shipping, & return policies.

Since the weather is so bad right now I have a little time.
    Bob in Denver
    ==========
    Larger photos always available in my user gallery
    http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=278310

Formerly Michael Fanelli, mwfanelli, mfa mwfanelli2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Singletracklovr
    I looked thru the first 3 pages of this forum and did a search but could not find any posts or feedback on Walmart. I know many don't like Walmart for one reason or another.
    I did check to see if Walmart is an authorized nikon dealer and they are.

All Walmart comments welcome and thanks for looking at my post.
    Well, I really dislike the way Walmart does business in the community. However, on my salary, I have little choice! I will be clear that I have never had any problems with them, ever. When you can find a salesperson (not always easy), they are helpful and polite. Their returns policy is first rate.

I looked over many of the complaints on the web site indicated. Many strike me the same way the reviews on Amazon do: customers blaming the store for things that are out of their control. I particularly like the complaint about not getting a Nikon or Canon camera on Black Friday when the store was out of stock on a Kodak! And, to boot, a "four hour wait." Give me a break!

Don't worry about buying from Walmart. Personally, I'd look at Amazon and B&H first but that's just me.
    “Men never do evil so cheerfully and completely as when they do so from religious conviction.” — Blaise Pascal

I never know abaou Walmart...but why not you buy from AMAZON.COM?? i think its the safe and good place to shopping..what do you think??

Thumbs down Re: Would you buy Nikon from WalMart?

One comment was Why not buy from Amazon? Amazon requires you to input your credit card data FIRST before telling you the price. Sounds like a scam deal to me, but sure is a terrible way to do business! Would you do that in a store? Walmart doesn't do that but Amazon does! Phoey to Amazon! I refuse to have anything to do with Amazon.

Gordon Bengtson

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Stores on amazon are unfortunately not part of amazon, and nowhere near as trustworthy.
    I prefer to deal with well known sellers, like Warehouse Express here in the UK for small items, or a pro dealer like Park Cameras for the big warranty stuff.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Missed this when first posted.
    Does Walmart sell dslr cameras?

I think I would buy from them if the price was good. I prefer not to use them but do.
    I've ordered things not photo related and they come to our local store and I've never had a problem.
    For a camera like a Nikon and since they are an authorized dealer, I'd just get the camera and rely on real camera stores or Nikon for any service related issues.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Walmart does sell DSLR's, but like was previously mentioned they aren't the cheapest place nor are they at all knowledgeable about what they sell. I do a lot of shopping on Amazon and B&H. If I use Amazon I usually buy directly from them or through a company that sells and ships through them. You'll notice that you can get the Amazon shipping rates even if you buy from SOME third party vendors, it will say "Fulfilled by Amazon". And I think that B&H speaks for itself. Just my two cents....
    Feel free to edit my images, just let me know what you did.

Nikon D90 w/18-105 VR, 70-300VR, 35mm f1.8G &Tamron 10-24 f3.5-4.5
    Nikon SB-600 Speedlight (x2) w/ Gary Fong 1/2 Cloud Light Sphere (x2) and 1 Cloud
    Slik Pro 700DX tripod w/Vanguard SBH-200 ball-head
    Panasonic ZS8

My photo's:
    http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums/...20Photography/

I buy 90% of my stuff from a local store. They happen to be pretty good at matching prices of B&H or even some cheaper stores. When I bought my D3s I wrangled a fantastic price on it doing some wheeling and dealing. In the end the local place has my back on anything. I had an issue with the charger with that camera. They just swapped it out. Try that at walmart.

Try local and see if they will match prices for you. Or give you some sort of package that brings everything inline.

I think a national chain like WM will offer you limited options for advice and service. You might get the 'best price', but what about after that?

If you are just starting out, I suggest going local and taking classes with the shop. You can develop a great relationship and often local shops will do their best to match prices.

If you are established and just looking for the best price, well you know the game and what to look out for.

Yeah I have and I haven't had any problems yet.

I have bought camera gear through Amazon one time. No problem.

i don't think to buy stuffs in WalMart is cheap ,Amazon is a better choice !:thumbsup:

[IMG]http://www.**********/g.gif[/IMG]

Well, I am very choosy about the cameras and I always look for the best company and the best camera. Nowadays I am using this digital camera bought from https://productz.com/en/digital-cameras/c/3 link. This is an amazing camera with many features.

Yes, why not? What is the difference between Walmart and other marketplaces? Besides, Walmart is quite trustworthy and reliable, it has already gained millions of customers from all over the world. if you don't trust it for 100%, you can get in touch with its official representatives via these contacts https://walmart.pissedconsumer.com/c...r-service.html , be sure that you will get answers on all of your questions.

Thread Information