Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Thumbs down Prestige Camera is awful, in my humble opinion.

:mad2: I urge anyone with opinions about Prestige Camera to start a new post and make it clear that lots of people share your experience. When search engines pull up threads about this, more threads are more impressive to searchers than many responses to one thread.
    I did this myself tonight and thankfully found the thread which follows here on this site: Prestige Camera....BAD!!!!
    Now I have my own story to add to these. You see that thread was started in 2006 and last commented on in Sept 2008, and I want everyone to know that Prestige Camera has not reformed.
    When I wanted a Garmin Nuvi 765T for Christmas I recommended Prestige Camera's web site to my wife, Jan. She was the shopper, after all, I was just making it easy, I thought. I'd found them on the web with the best price for a "five star" company. Now I question that review tremendously.
    Jan had told me that she'd purchased what PC had recommended as an extended warranty. Usually I don't do those, but I was rather worried about the single sheet receipt when I saw it a couple of months ago and I filed it for a rainy day, since nothing had gone wrong. Or so I thought. I didn't know until today that to get it required a confirmatory phone call with a big sales pitch about upgrades and finally, they gave in to the extended warranty and then, even though it was long before Christmas, they heard nothing for weeks. I think it was 7 weeks or more before Christmas when I gave Jan the website. So only two weeks before, she called them and they "hadn't gotten to it yet as it had just been ordered" or something like that, and she had to pay extra to get it expedited to our home to be on time for playing Mrs. Santa.
    Then a few days back I looked for it to take it on a trip and found it's screen shattered (but intact in place) with it jammed in front of my seat rails in my car. Ooops. My bad. Should have kept it with the other parts I'd moved to the trunk once. So, knowing about the warranty Jan called PC today. They'd never heard about an extended warranty, it turns out they charged her $25 extra for the USA warranty for one year, and it doesn't cover damage like this, and if she hadn't liked it she "should have returned it within 30 days."
    Well, early October is a long way from the prior December. But she was nice and didn't point that out. But she did say the person she spoke to assured her that he was a supervisor, and that she was wrong about the warranty, and that he was very rude in her opinion. All he had to say was "Gee, I'm really sorry that you thought that. We never meant to imply that. Here's the number for Garmin, and we hope it all works out" and she probably would have been fine and I'd be sleeping now. But instead he was very uncaring and when she said that she'd make it clear to her friends to avoid shopping at PC, he said something to the effect of "go ahead."
    So here it is: Please do not buy from Prestige Camera, as, in my opinion, you will be sorry. There are about 24 unhappy souls at the URL I posted above on this same website.
    Learn for yourself if you wish, but I urge you read up first.:mad2:

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Prestige Camera is awful, in my humble opinion.

Wasn't there some news a little while ago about all these photo places reforming their act?
    Yeah...I didn't think they would either.
    Thanks for adding to the list. I guess there aren't a lot of threads/posts about it and the others because once people have a bad enough experience to post they never do business with any of them again.
    Hope you find the recommended dealers list helpful. Recommended sites and sites to avoid
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thread Information