Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Question does anyone know anything about......

www.turbobuys.com

i have been scoureing the web for the best price on a digital rebel xt, i found this site. im a high school student without a job so the fact that i have saved 650$ is amazing to me, and that they are selling a factory kit brand new for 690 or so is like a godsend. i just want to know if they are safe to buy from? so if anyone has bought from them or is just alot wiser and experienced on the subject could help me out that would be such a help.

here is the exact link to the product im im looking at
    http://www.turbobuys.com/index.php?a...2781118&d=desc

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: does anyone know anything about......

I have never dealt with, or heard of this company, so I can't tell you anything about them directly. I can tell you one thing tho. If the price sounds too good to be true, it probibly is. I just checked B&H's web site, and they have this same camera listed for $799. This is for the body only, no lens, same as the one in the link you posted. If this company is selling the same exact product for a lot less than other dealers, I would be more than a little skeptical. I would rather pay a little more to know that I am getting exactly what I want, and that's coming from a guy who doesn't like to spend money on anything.

There are a lot of web based companies out there that would love nothing better than to throw the screws to you. I'm not saying this company is one of them, but do your research and make sure you know what you're getting.

So if you go ahead and order from this place, please keep us know how they were to deal with, good or bad.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

i just noticed that the site mentions it used to be buydig.com and there are some excelent reveiw on that site in the forum but ill give it a bit to hear some more opinions to be sure.

wait change that it accually says previously ibuydig.com, that might be kinda sketchy since buydig.com and it are so close. in my opinion it could be a scam or a very clever way to get people to visit there site. any one have an opinion?

ok so ive found some reveiws on this site and it is another bunch bait and switchers or scammers.

Thread Information