• 10-29-2007, 08:07 AM
    shadowfax
    Nikon demo from Cameta Camera
    Has anyone purchased a demo camera from Cameta Camera? If so, how was the quality and did it include a warranty and original packaging? I'm looking for a D80. I've been reading some good reviews about them in the forum.
  • 10-29-2007, 08:32 AM
    Old Timer
    Re: Nikon demo from Cameta Camera
    I bought a Nikon D2h from Cameta Camera that was a demo. I couldn't tell it from new, it had everything included that should have been with a new camera. It had a 1 year warranty from Cameta not Nikon. I bought a three year Mack to go with it at the time of purchase. The meter did fail on the camera. I had read something on one of the forums about this being a problem with the camera so I sent it back to Nikon and they repaired at no charge. I have since bought another new camera (D200) from Cameta and I would not hesitate to recommend them. They are good people to deal with and very helpful.
  • 10-29-2007, 08:38 AM
    shadowfax
    Thank you. You've helped me make my decision easier.
  • 10-29-2007, 09:55 AM
    jorgemonkey
    I bought the WT-1A transmitter that was a Demo from them, and I've had no problems with it. Like OT said, I couldn't tell it was used.

I have also heard nothing but good stuff about them as well.
  • 10-29-2007, 02:50 PM
    Frog
    No demo but bought D80 from them....On the ball with excellent customer service.
  • 11-02-2007, 03:53 PM
    Yarrow
    I highly recommend Cameta Camera. I never knew they sold demos.
  • 11-11-2008, 10:53 PM
    mcdboeing
    I confirmed with Nikon USA that they only provide refurbished units.
    "A refurbished could be a demo unit from a trade show, a salesman's sample, "left over" of end of life product, a service exchange or anything."
  • 11-12-2008, 06:26 AM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdboeing
    I confirmed with Nikon USA that they only provide refurbished units.
    "A refurbished could be a demo unit from a trade show, a salesman's sample, "left over" of end of life product, a service exchange or anything."

My D2h was advertised as a demo from Cameta, it looked brand new except for the manual which was a photo copy. I had a meter problem with it during the first year and Nikon fixed it no charge. It's three years old now and still going strong. I currently have a D700 ordered from Cameta the third Nikon DSLR that I have bought from them. Everything has always been as advertised with low shipping rates.
  • 11-12-2008, 02:09 PM
    danic
    Sounds good old timer. You've just sold me on a new lens from them I think.

Cheers!
  • 11-12-2008, 02:32 PM
    Frog
    I noticed last week that they have several d300s for 1200 if anyone is interested.
  • 02-18-2009, 02:17 PM
    chrisj46
    Cameta Camera Sells used cameras to. they must inspect everything before they sell it because every set seems so complete and in a new like condition. I recommend cameta camera too!
  • 03-26-2009, 07:47 AM
    Bwilson
    Ive gone to Cameta Camera, they usually keep their demos behind the glass and in top working condition. i would buy a demo from Cameta Camera
  • 06-20-2009, 12:17 PM
    giff44
    I just bought a Nikon D80 from them. It arrived very quickly. The camera itself was packed in a small, plain cardboard box that had stickers on it that said "Nikon Reconditioned Camera." They had advertised it as a factory demo and in mint condition. I took a photo and read the EXIF data; the "mint camera" had 4413 shutter clicks on file. I called Cameta, and they told me Nikon had "run out of standard retail boxes." They had a very weak explanation for the 4400 clicks comparing it to a used car mint condition. The camera does work fine, cosmetically it's in "mint" shape, it does have a 1-year warranty, and they were quick to answer my questions. I'll probably keep it, but I feel they could do a better job in differentiating between a factory demo and a reconditioned camera.