Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Thread: Time2envy

Time2envy

This is a ebay seller. They have 30300 score and have a 99.4% feedback. Wonder if any of you guys have bought anything from them. Are they good or bad?
    The magic of photography is metaphysical. What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying. - Terence Donovan

Feel free to edit my photos, Just be kind enough to let me know what you did to it.

Sony A350
    Sony 18-70 3.5 - 5.6
    Minolta 50 1.7
    Minolta 70-210 4.5 - 5.64

Re: Time2envy

I would like to suggest that you read the sticky I have at the top of this forum called "Recommended Sites and Sites To Avoid" that you will find here.
    Recommended sites and sites to avoid

If you had and tried checking with Reseller Ratings you would have found this....
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Time2Envy

Hope the helps with your answer. My recommendation would be to stay far away from these guys, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Are they an authourized dealer? If not you are getting gray market without a manufacturers warranty. They may offer a warranty but it won't be from the manufacturer.
    Their name makes me suspicious...may be good or not but most of the really trusted dealers don't have catchy names.
    When it comes to ebay, I only deal with Cameta. They are one of our trusted sights and give excellent service. Time2envy might be good or not but do check them out before you buy.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Im with you frog. That name "Time2Envy" just has scam artist written all over it. That why i posted a thread because its not on your "good" or "bad" list so I was just wondering if anyone has done any business with them.
    The magic of photography is metaphysical. What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying. - Terence Donovan

Feel free to edit my photos, Just be kind enough to let me know what you did to it.

Sony A350
    Sony 18-70 3.5 - 5.6
    Minolta 50 1.7

How do you find out if they are an authourized dealer?

Sony A350
    Sony 18-70 3.5 - 5.6
    Minolta 50 1.7

Quote Originally Posted by kobrien4
    Im with you frog. That name "Time2Envy" just has scam artist written all over it. That why i posted a thread because its not on your "good" or "bad" list so I was just wondering if anyone has done any business with them.
    I thought I answered the question of if they are recommended or not in my earlier reply. They are now officially on the list of sites to AVOID. Hope that clears it up. If you read the reviews that I linked you to in my earlier reply you would have found out that they sell gray market equipment. I can give you my opinion or recommendation and guide you to the source of information but it is up to you to take the time and read it, Jeff

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: Time2envy (don't go to them)

I don’t recommend “Time2envy”. Here is the reason why. I bought Nikon D3 from them they strongly persuaded me to buy $1000.00 warranty since my camera is very expensive. However, the warranty company (RepairTech) is out of their business. Then I call Time2Envy to talk about this issue, when they sell the warranty, it will cover 100%. But now what they said nothing they can do about it. They are not affiliated with them. They just sell their product. Once they out of business, that is their fault not Time2envy. Listen, if you buy 55” big screen TV at Walmart, but it does not work, then next day, you brought it back to Walmart, but Walmart said, “We cannot give you money back because we are not affiliated with this TV company. Nothing we can do about it.” Do you think it is make sense?
    I purchased 5 year warranty for $1000.00 in 2008. All I got the answer from them is that “we are not affiliated with them. They just sell their product. Once they out of business, that is their fault not Time2envy.” If you want to have that kind of customer service please go on. If you want to buy good product, please go to authorized dealer, even if you pay little more. That is worthy it.

Re: Time2envy (don't go to them)

Quote Originally Posted by justinkmin
    I don’t recommend “Time2envy”. Here is the reason why. I bought Nikon D3 from them they strongly persuaded me to buy $1000.00 warranty since my camera is very expensive. However, the warranty company (RepairTech) is out of their business. Then I call Time2Envy to talk about this issue, when they sell the warranty, it will cover 100%. But now what they said nothing they can do about it. They are not affiliated with them. They just sell their product. Once they out of business, that is their fault not Time2envy. Listen, if you buy 55” big screen TV at Walmart, but it does not work, then next day, you brought it back to Walmart, but Walmart said, “We cannot give you money back because we are not affiliated with this TV company. Nothing we can do about it.” Do you think it is make sense?
    I purchased 5 year warranty for $1000.00 in 2008. All I got the answer from them is that “we are not affiliated with them. They just sell their product. Once they out of business, that is their fault not Time2envy.” If you want to have that kind of customer service please go on. If you want to buy good product, please go to authorized dealer, even if you pay little more. That is worthy it.
    Time2envy is already on my list of sites to avoid, you may want check out the link at the bottom of my reply, Jeff

Thread Information