Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Thread: Cameta Camera

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

Cameta Camera

These guys rock ! The are Authorized factory dealer (Nikon) (Canon)

Highly recommended... Got my D80 lense only kit--> in 5 days,best price anywhere. Bonded transaction

1-800-991-3350

Re: Cameta Camera

I only have one experience with them, but they were great - especially when the first camera was defective and they replaced it right away. I'd be glad to buy from them again. Plus, they have great deals on ebay with factory demo items.

hi,
    İ want to buy d200 from them but in their ebay site there r lots of price kits.
    Why prices changes?
    Also is this site really honest?

Their prices change, with the things included in the kit. Sometimes they will have diifferent memory cards, and other odds and ends. They do have kits that are just camera and lens, and those are the ones I recommend, because the other things they include aren't generally worth the extra cost, and you can usually get those items chaeper with better quality. Demand also plays a big role in pricing.

Z
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Thank you for your reply zrfraser,
    I live in turkey, But one of my friends lives in CA. So he ll take it to me..i dont want to deal with any problem.Like we heard about broadwayphoto or 42ndstreetphoto etc. If any occurs maybe i couldnt solve it.
    so i want to know your experiences with this company. Is that reliable?
    did you buy anthing from them?
    thank you again...

PS:Also what does mint condition mean?
    Last edited by hakangim; 11-03-2006 at 12:38 PM.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Mint condition means 'like new'
    Cameta is one of the good ebay sellers and I would not hesitate to buy from them
    Only reason I didn't buy my d80 there is because I they didn't have the body/lens combo I wanted.

thank you 'frog'.
    can u suggest any sellers other than cameta?also it must be reliable

completephotohouse is where I bought mine. Had it quick in original packaging....no problems. I bought the d80 with the 18-135mm lens.

Oh, There was one problem but not with the dealer.
    I paid extra for 3 day shipping and it should have been here on a Friday.
    Watching my ups tracking numbers it was ok until wednesday nite when I saw it would be delayed until Monday.
    I emailed completephotohouse to tell them about it and to ask for the 3 day extra i had paid.
    Within minutes.....yes minutes....no more than 10......they had replied and said they would get ahold of ups and if nothing could be done they would refund the extra I had paid.
    Well, someone has pull there becuase within 2 hours my package was again on time and would arrive on Friday.
    I consider this EXCELLENT service.

I live local (Long Island) to Cameta and can attest to the fact that they are indeed a great business. I have dealt with them for almost 20 years. I was actually surprised to see them become an Ebay company.

it is truely a real pleasure doing business with a company like cameta camera, they truely are the experts in their industry and customer service.

I bought my camera and lens from them off E-bay. very happy with them.
    Olympus E-410
    Zuiko 14-42mm ED
    Zuiko 40-150mm standard
    Zuiko 70-300mm ED
    Learn Something New Every Day

I just bought a Nikon D80 with a Nikkor AF-X 18-135 lens from Cameta, both factory demo, for $699. Saved me about $100 (compared to the cheapest on amazon).

The camera and lens seemed to be in brand new condition, I couldn't even tell it wasn't new (except for the box it came in). I got the item 2 days after purchasing it (only paid $2 extra for priority mail) which means they must have shipped it right away. The camera registered 545 shutter releases when I got it. That's what some folks shoot in a day.

I got a 90 day Nikon warranty and 1 year Cameta warranty. According to the customer rep I talked to, Cameta will send the cameras (or equipment) directly to Nikon for repair if you need to use the warranty. So its basically as good as a Nikon warranty.

IMO it was definitely worth the extra $$$ which can now go towards a flash...

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

I've bought a couple items from them and I'd definitely buy from them again. Items came quick, and worked just as described
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Beware!!!

I purchased Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Zoom, from Cameta Camera, via Amazon, for $1,748.95 and the focus ring malfunctioned three days after I received it: Cameta Camera made it extremely difficult to replace the lens.

I made four calls and submitted two emails, to replace the lens, and Cameta never once contacted me. Essentially, I paid $85.85 extra for shipping (double the cost of 2nd day air), and received the lens three weeks after purchase.

Due to slow customer service, I was not able to use the lens for an assignment, and if I did not need it for another, I would have returned it.

I took less than 50 shots and never took the lens off my property, before it became defective. When the focus ring began squeaking and jamming, between 1.7 and 1.5 meters, I immediately called Cameta’s customer service department at 1-800-991-3350. Since I could not speak to someone in the customer service department, because it was the weekend, I sent an email to Cameta via the Amazon website. I did not receive a reply, so on Monday February 23, at approximately 4:15 a.m. Pacific Time, I called Cameta, again. I spoke to Cameta’s customer service representative Sarah, who told me I could not exchange the lens because I filled out the warranty (which, I must add requires the customer to submit within 10 days of purchase). Also, I told her that I had not mailed the warranty, because I filled it out an hour before it malfunctioned, she told me that it did not matter. I asked Sarah if I could speak with her manager and she said that she was out sick, there was no one else that I could resolve the issue, and “there is nothing I can do about it.” She, then, told me that I had to send the lens to Nikon to fix.

I immediately called Nikon, at 1-800-645-6689, and spoke to their customer service representative Peter who told me that a filled out a warranty card should not affect an exchange, and the people at Cameta could replace the lens and the warranty could be applied to the replacement lens. Then, Cameta could send they defective lens back to Nikon. All Cameta needed to do was contact their Nikon service representative. Peter told me to relay the message, and if I had any problems to contact Nikon and they will help to resolve the issue.

After speaking with the Nikon representative, I contacted Amazon’s customer service at 1-866-216-1072. Riccardo instructed me to submit another email, which I did, and if they did not resolve the problem than Amazon will assist in filing a claim against Cameta.
    I called Cameta on Tuesday the 24th, to follow up, and Sarah said that she spoke to the manager and told me that I could exchange the lens, however they would not pay for shipping, only credit back $25--shipping cost me $55.90. I shipped the lens on Wednesday, called to verify that they received it, and received the new lens on Monday March 2nd.

I understand that electronic goods have a chance on being defective on purchase; however Cameta could have used the customer service opportunity to make their company look good. All the effort was made on my part to exchange the lens. Considering that I made a $1,700 purchase, I should not have had to make five calls, send two emails, and spend an additional $55 to receive the lens three weeks after the purchase date despite the fact that I paid for expedited shipping. Also, I am very disappointed that no one contacted me or that I could not speak to manager, even when requested.

I am transitioning to a full frame digital format and plan on investing $10,000 in camera equipment, in the next 2-3 years--$4,000 of which will be spent in the next 3 months. Cameta will see none of that money. For high end goods, I do not recommend Cameta Camera.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs
    Beware!!!

I purchased Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Zoom, from Cameta Camera, via Amazon, for $1,748.95 and the focus ring malfunctioned three days after I received it: Cameta Camera made it extremely difficult to replace the lens.

I made four calls and submitted two emails, to replace the lens, and Cameta never once contacted me. Essentially, I paid $85.85 extra for shipping (double the cost of 2nd day air), and received the lens three weeks after purchase.

Due to slow customer service, I was not able to use the lens for an assignment, and if I did not need it for another, I would have returned it.

I took less than 50 shots and never took the lens off my property, before it became defective. When the focus ring began squeaking and jamming, between 1.7 and 1.5 meters, I immediately called Cameta’s customer service department at 1-800-991-3350. Since I could not speak to someone in the customer service department, because it was the weekend, I sent an email to Cameta via the Amazon website. I did not receive a reply, so on Monday February 23, at approximately 4:15 a.m. Pacific Time, I called Cameta, again. I spoke to Cameta’s customer service representative Sarah, who told me I could not exchange the lens because I filled out the warranty (which, I must add requires the customer to submit within 10 days of purchase). Also, I told her that I had not mailed the warranty, because I filled it out an hour before it malfunctioned, she told me that it did not matter. I asked Sarah if I could speak with her manager and she said that she was out sick, there was no one else that I could resolve the issue, and “there is nothing I can do about it.” She, then, told me that I had to send the lens to Nikon to fix.

I immediately called Nikon, at 1-800-645-6689, and spoke to their customer service representative Peter who told me that a filled out a warranty card should not affect an exchange, and the people at Cameta could replace the lens and the warranty could be applied to the replacement lens. Then, Cameta could send they defective lens back to Nikon. All Cameta needed to do was contact their Nikon service representative. Peter told me to relay the message, and if I had any problems to contact Nikon and they will help to resolve the issue.

After speaking with the Nikon representative, I contacted Amazon’s customer service at 1-866-216-1072. Riccardo instructed me to submit another email, which I did, and if they did not resolve the problem than Amazon will assist in filing a claim against Cameta.
    I called Cameta on Tuesday the 24th, to follow up, and Sarah said that she spoke to the manager and told me that I could exchange the lens, however they would not pay for shipping, only credit back $25--shipping cost me $55.90. I shipped the lens on Wednesday, called to verify that they received it, and received the new lens on Monday March 2nd.

I understand that electronic goods have a chance on being defective on purchase; however Cameta could have used the customer service opportunity to make their company look good. All the effort was made on my part to exchange the lens. Considering that I made a $1,700 purchase, I should not have had to make five calls, send two emails, and spend an additional $55 to receive the lens three weeks after the purchase date despite the fact that I paid for expedited shipping. Also, I am very disappointed that no one contacted me or that I could not speak to manager, even when requested.

I am transitioning to a full frame digital format and plan on investing $10,000 in camera equipment, in the next 2-3 years--$4,000 of which will be spent in the next 3 months. Cameta will see none of that money. For high end goods, I do not recommend Cameta Camera.
    I agree with you that the operator could have handled it a little better.

As for them not returning your emails, you tried to contact them on a weekend and expected an immediate response.
    Being that they are closed on the weekends they can't receive your messages via phone or email so the soonest you would have gotten a response would have been Monday at 9am EST since that's when they open.
    I would have told "Sarah" that I wanted to talk to the person in charge if her supervisor was not available. And if she didn't give me to someone in charge I would have hung up and called again to get a different operator and see what response I would have gotten.

Smile Re: Cameta Camera

I let Cameta Camera me A canon rebel xsi. It was the best investment i ever made.
    Although I know what i wanted the guy insisted on taking one out and giving me a few quick tips about the Canone Rebel xsi. Im very happy with Cameta Camera.

This is a letter I sent to Camteta on March 19, 2012:

I wish to lodge a formal complaint about your listings which include Australia as a destination and state that PayPal is accepted for payments.

When I purchased a camera from you and paid by PayPal you refunded my payment on the grounds my address was not confirmed by PayPal.

It is a well known fact that PayPal do not confirm addresses in Australia due to strict privacy laws – this means anyone who purchases from you who is located in Australia cannot pay by PayPal based on your requirement of a confirmed address since this cannot be provided at law by PayPal i.e. it is an irreconcilable paradox of your own making.

Furthermore, in Australia it is an offence under Schedule 2, s18 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 Cth to mislead or deceive in trade or commerce. As such, to offer a payment method that in reality you do not or cannot accept can only be properly construed as misleading under the terms of the Act.

As such, I recommend that you withdraw your reference to accepting PayPal or do not supply into the Australian market.

Finally, I wish to make it clear that the trouble you caused me by refunding the PayPal payment and then requiring that I provide you with written proof of my identity and my address was belittling, a waste of my time and altogether unnecessary and thus frustrating. I deeply regret having to be put through such a humiliating experience.

Your treatment of me was an utter disgrace and you had no right to demand this information from me, either ethically or at law.

----

I cannot recommend such an unethical company.

I have ordered a 7D from them recently. Excellent service! Highly recommended!

Ordered a Nikon P600 camera package in December. The package was planned as a Christmas gift to our son. Due to circumstances outside of our control our son was not able to open the gift until March. Upon opening the camera it appeared that the spare battery and charger were not correct for the camera. Come to find out they had sent us the Nikon P530 instead of the P600. Unfortunately our son had thrown away the box before we called and to our luck the trash had already been picked up. Cameta's Customer Service team refuses to send the correct camera or even the correct spare battery and charger for the P530. We are now stuck with a P530 camera and P600 spare battery and charger.

Being a business owner for many years I would never allow one of our customers to be treated this way.

I caution anyone that is considering a purchase from Cameta Camera that although their prices are low, you are getting what you pay for!

i do not want to say anything

Thread Information