Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: broadway photo

broadway photo

has anyone dealt with broadway photo in New York????....
    it's listed on here as a partner store..

thanks....still shopping for a VX2100

oops

i just read all the horror stories on www.resellerratings.com
    i'll deffinately stay away

Re: broadway photo

Went in the store ONCE. Got out faster than I went in!

Quote Originally Posted by Denyse
    Went in the store ONCE. Got out faster than I went in!
    I'm happy because I bought my 300D from them, I wen't for that havoc of doing bussiness with this guys, the online order, the e-mail to confirm order, the phone call, their rude way to try to sell you more things...etc.
    I have my camera (kit) since February, no problems, all in the box, USA warranty, etc.
    I'm the luckiest man in the world!!!

Thumbs down Re: broadway photo

Quote Originally Posted by SURREYskid

this place is the biggest ripoff. They sell out of country camera packages bait and swtich you to a package where everything is misrepresented and you end up getting overcharged for things you really did not want. They are rude when you try to settle with them and use treatning tactics. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

I have recently dealt with them my experience with the store was bad. The salesman tried repeatly to sell me worthless add-ons,. but that was not the problem, when I refused the add-on he shipped and billed me equipment I didn't order causing me to waist my time dealing with their customer service.

You could get lucky with them but why risk it there are too many other reputable dealers. I would recomend staying clear from them.

Does anybody else ever wonder what these guys do when they go out into the world and try to buy something somewhere? I mean, how would they react if someone were to pull the same crap on them?

BP sales person at McDonald's: I want a Big Mac and fries.

McDonald's: Ok, a Big Mac and fries. Would you like sauce with that. You know the Big Mac sauce is extra, but you really need it.

BP sales: What do you mean the sauce is extra. It's supposed to come with the sauce.

McD's: Oh no my friend, you're mistaken, the sauce is extra.

BP sales: Well, I don't want the sauce then, just give me the Big Mac without the sauce.

McD's: If you don't buy the sauce, then we don't want your business, you %$#@ idiot! You're order is cancelled. That'll be $5.50.

Funny

That's funny. But it would be more like, "And did you want to get the meat or just the bread and sauce? Cheese will be extra, too."
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

We purchased a camera battery from bwayphoto.com We did not have any problem with the order.

HOWEVER, their privacy policy leaves something to be desired. As we have our own domain, we are able to create unique "alias" email addresses for those with whom we do business.

Yup, we've begun receiving spam addressed to the unique email address we created for Broadway Photo and only for them.

If you can, use a "throwaway" email address if you deal with these folks.

I do NOT recommend them.

Payton

This is a letter I included with the stuff I returned to them. Ya'll are right, they are very rude and pushy people.
    Dear Sirs; 1
    I called your business 3 times to get a RMA and was on hold for about 10 minutes each time before I was disconnected, so I’m am returning these items without an RMA. I can not spend my life on the phone trying to get someone at your place of business to answer the phone.
    The reason for the return is “price gouging” on your part.

# 1 the battery you sent me sells for $22.95 srp and you charged me $190.00 (your regular price is $249.00)

# 2 the battery charger you sent me sells for $39.00 srp and you charged me $139.00.

# 3 the DVC tapes you sent me sell for $3.99 ea. X 5 = $19.95 and you charged me $75.00

You also charged me $199.00 for a mic.that you backordered.
    As I told you on the phone I no longer want the mic. So don’t bother sending it.

The Panasonic Camcorder is a great buy so I am buying it. The rest of the stuff is in this box.
    The camera was a GREAT buy, too bad you marred this sale with the price gouging on the other items. I will warn other prospective buyers.

Broadway Photo

Let me start by saying that I regret not checking here before buying my Nikon D200 and 18-200mm Nikkor lens. While talking to the salesman on the phone, I was satisfied that I was being treated fair. However, after receiving the camera outfit and the INVOICE, I soon found that I too am another victim of "smoke and mirrors."

The invoice was for more money than I was told it would cost when I ordered the outfit. As others have stated, the costs I was charged for the additional items (battery, charger - which wasn't needed, and warranty) were significantly more than the I have since found everywhere.

To make matters worse, I registered the camera with Nikon. When I went to the Nikon site to get a larger manual, I was informed that "You have not registered for any valid North American Nikon Products. If you have entered the correct serial number your camera may not be a North American model camera. If you purchased your camera in North America, and the serial number reports an error you may have a Grey Market product."

Imagine that, Broadway Photo sold me a Grey Market camera and lens. My expectation is that if I purchase a camera outfit from a New York merchant, I would get a North American model - after all, New York is in North America - the last time I looked.

As with others, my phone calls are in vane. Buyer Beware!

I bought my @ Savingscout
    I think they have the best prices around

bwayphotos d200 price is very good. but i m really afraid from them.. also cameta little bit expensive but honest i think. What else? other companies than cameta?

Thumbs down Re: broadway photo

I have wasted SOO much time with this company- they are rotten to the core. Bait and switch; overcharged my card, terrible, rude, condescending sales people....auggh! Never again! And I am on a one woman grudge match to circulate this information to everyone in Communication Arts, Theatre Arts, Art department and Purchasing at the University of Wisconsin.

Angry Re: broadway photo

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I placed an order with broadway Photo at 10:00 AM this morning and cancelled the order at 11:30 am this morning, after speaking with their customer service rep. I ordered a Canon Powershot S3 IS ($328 on their website). The custmoer service rep was heavily pushing every possible extra you could think of and, when i finally got through to him that i wasn't going to buy any extras, he told me that the camera i ordered online was the japanese version and that the american version was $399! Then I requested he cancel the order, at which time he hung up on me. Anyone know how their business is listed on credit card invoices so i can call my CC company and tell them not to issue payment to this place for anything that may get charged?

thank goodness I ran into this site....was hunting the 800 number when I hit this link.
    Did business with Prestige camera last year......all went smoothly....
    but had a nightmare experience with Wisetronics last week.
    they are the worst I have dealt with yet.

Do Not Buy From Broadway Photo; A Total Scam!!!
    They Cannot Be Trusted What So Ever
    High Pressure Sales Tactics And They'll Send You Used Product

STAY AWAY. They substitute "grey market" cameras. I ordered a US version of the Canon SD700, they sent a Japanese version, no warranty in US and incomplete instruction manuals. Then try and call them! They simply aren;t interested in anything resembling "customer support". Their "extras and add on" prices are outrageous.

Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hakangim
    bwayphotos d200 price is very good. but i m really afraid from them.. also cameta little bit expensive but honest i think. What else? other companies than cameta?

cametas a good trustworthy company. I bought my rebel ti plus lenses, my 300d battery grip, extra batteries, and the sort from them. they are very professional. In the photography world, if you want real products, you have to pay more. sucks, but it's the truth.

DO NOT BUY FROM BROADWAY!!!!!! i found the best price on the net through this scam company and ordered my cannon IXY 800IS. within a day or two, i recieved a call from thier customer service dept. telling me that the camera i purchased was an "international model". this meant all the instructions were in japaneese. (this was NEVER advertised on the website). for an additional $60, i could buy the english version. i stupidly agreed because i wanted the camera. i did not like the camera i bought. very confusing instuction booklet and the features were not what i was looking for. when i called for my "return number", the operator told me there was a "minimum %5 restocking fee." MINIMUM!!! once again...DO NOT BUY FROM THESE CROOKS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SURREYskid

I just ordered a PowerShot A710is and other than the high presure sales pitch and the sales rep telling me that the model advertised was manufactured in Japan everything was in Japanise ( manual etc, etc. ) I just receive it and everything is in english and I was charged what I was quoted..

IMO some of the negitave coments on here could be from other on-line stores.

It could be true that other on-line stores are giving negative comments. But the best way
    to check on a Company is to see if they are registered with the BBB.
    Or if there are negative against them on there.
    Newbie Here
    rovowen

Iron Horse

Quote Originally Posted by GarCor
    I just ordered a PowerShot A710is and other than the high presure sales pitch and the sales rep telling me that the model advertised was manufactured in Japan everything was in Japanise ( manual etc, etc. ) I just receive it and everything is in english and I was charged what I was quoted..

IMO some of the negitave coments on here could be from other on-line stores.
    or people who have 1 post and have been a member since "Feb 2007" might be from the store in question?? :idea:

trust resellerratings.com

and as always, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. look around, and when you see someone selling a camera for several HUNDRED less than reputable places like B&H (and my favorite, buydig.com), you know that there's got to be a scam going on somewhere.
    Canon XTi
    Tamron 17-50mm
    Nifty Fifty 1.8

:mad2: STAY AWAY. The fact that they have so many alias's should tell you something
    They bait and switched me on two video screens. Charged more than they said they would and did not deliver the goods. I will be fighting with them through the credit card company.
    Steve Ortkiese

I was just looking at online prices for a camera and ran across a whole freakish Brooklyn underground network or deceit. They have hijacked several search engines for low prices...DO NOT ever go to "lowpricedigital.com" they list good places like b&h and beach camera, but only under cheaper appearing companies...also located in Brooklyn...AMAZING. I myself almost bought from CCI camera but am so glad I ran across the negative reviews.

A list of fraudulent stores listed on low price digital.com: wisetronics.com,fotoconnection.com,broadwayphoto,p restigecamera.com,usaphotonation.com

and low price digital itself is "powered by" "Shopping.com"

it is a whole network of treachery! and ive also found an extensive article..by pcworld I believe...that went undercover and did business with several of these places and got shafted. They also went to the actual store location in NY and it was pretty bad from what they said.

I MIGHT ADD www.resellerratings.com had to put a halt to letting people rate because they found that one of these places has posted "50 +" bogus positive ratings!!!!!
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. -Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information