Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: broadway photo

Make friends for life at BROADWAY PHOTO.

I unfortunately did not read this until after I purchased JVC Everio GZ-MG130 30GB Hard Disk Drive Camcorder. They made me call after an e-mail prompted me to do so; at this point I am thinking that there was something wrong with the order. The sales guy, “Bernard” x265, told me that the battery that it comes with only lasts 30 min. 30 min? So I added the 4 hour battery for $169.00, not knowing that I had been taken for. What is a good price for a battery anyhow? Bernard looked in his crystal ball and told me that I would receive the item by 4/20/07 after initially placing the order on 4/15/07 online, UPS shows 4/24/07. I guess his crystal ball malfunctioned, but that ladies and gentlemen was just the beginning. I am leaving to Las Vegas on 4/23/07 so I needed my camera for the trip. On 4/20/07 I called….6 different times! I called because I wanted answers on why I was misled about the ship date. If they would have just processed the order on 4/15/07 as I wanted online and not have made me wait till 4/17/07 for the call back e-mail maybe I could have been good to go? Finally after speaking with a front desk operator, whom I must say if the emotion, “angry-depression”, had a headquarters, she was the President/CEO! But nonetheless, I….”Mr. there is nothing that can shock me now”, was shocked at how I was treated over the phone. I had to call 6 times due to the operator and sales staff hanging up on me or transferring me to a closed extension. Pinocchio…I mean Bernard, was not there so I finally spoke with a lovely man named “Burt” @ ext 231. Burt must have been in the NAVY, because with a vernacular as his you have to be a sailor of some sorts. Burt and I did not really hit it off on our first date. I tried to explain to him that I was a concerned customer who could have shopped anywhere and out of all the merchants I picked his company to do business with. I should have known that Burt was raised by wolves since the barking came soon after my comments. Out of all the things most unpleasant I have experienced in my life, and that, ladies and gentlemen, includes getting poked in the eye by a sharp stick, it would have to be speaking with Broadway Photo’s award winning operator and sales staff…namely my new best friend Burt @ ext 231. I just wish I was there in person to settle the differences…especially with Burt first hand.
    I even sent customer service an e-mail not knowing until now that they are all part of the same scam. They must be wiping themselves with it as we speak.

To whom it may concern:

I called 6 times today to get some answers as to why my product was not placed on expedited shipping. I was transferred to a closed customer service 5 times and finally got a hold of Burt at ext 231. After asking Burt to help me out with some info, he became frustrated with me, and then told me that he could not help me out and that I was "WASTING HIS TIME". I then asked who was my original sales rep's boss and he told me that "IT WOULD NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE SITUATION EVEN IF I GAVE YOU ALL OF THE STOCKHOLDERS INFO", which I did not ask for...all I wanted was Bernard's boss's extension which he declined to give me. After owning several businesses and working in a sales environment for over 12 years, I have never experienced the lack of concern and pure disrespect that was displayed by your sales rep Burt. I will never again do business with your company, not because my package was not here on time, but specifically because of Burt's attitude with me as the CUSTOMER! I would also like to add that I was not combative over the phone; I was so shocked and could not believe how Burt was talking to me that I did not have time to react with hostility. Truly disturbing! I will be following up on this e-mail with customer service next week. I hope that you relay to Burt that people do talk and give advise to one another as to where the good deals and customer service is on the internet. UNBELIEVABLE!

Re: broadway photo

Would give up photography if Broadway Photo were the only dealer in the world[. I Tried to order a camera today at about 3 PM, lowest prices but………salesman lied about availability of product for immediate shipping. After getting my credit card info, stated I had to buy a premium battery to get the discount because the battery that came with the camera would only hold a charge for 15 minutes. I Cancelled the sale at that point to do a little homework. I called back a few minutes later, talked to another sales rep who stated that the battery was in fact the one supplied by Panasonic (holds a charge for 2-4 hours of continuous shooting). I decided to go ahead with my order….got passed around to 4 people, finally told the camera sold out earlier this morning. Also told me that since I cancelled an order, I couldn’t place another one for 30 days. He got an amazingly snotty attitude when I told him what the other guy said. He was disrespectful, borderline abusive, and Refused to let me speak to a manager. I am 63 years old, this is the worst buying experience of my life, anywhere, anytime, with any purchase, several of which were made in third world countries.

I purchased an advertised $165.00 MiniDV, when I called to confirm I was hard sold for addons. I refused and recieved my package with the addons included, the invoice charged my CC $249.99. I called and disputed the invoice and was told that I can only return the entire shipment. This return would forfiet two way shipping and 10% or more restocking fee of the $249.99 invoice not the $165.00 agreed apon price. I have call my CC and they are reversing the payment to bwayphoto.com. Save your breath, the will ship you everything anyway and charge you what they feel.

Broadway Photo: There are not enough superlatives for "BAD" to describe my recent experience with these people. Stay far away! (I gather I am far from being the only one). I blithely assumed web vendors with professional looking websites were above board, but I won't do that again. Do your homework about the store, not just the product you want to buy...

The worst experience ever. I ordered a Canon sd800 and I received the package in a mutilated condition. I have not been able to get hold of customer support since then. They hang up on me , also they promised to send the extra accessories as a part of a deal, but I have not received them too. BUYERS, please GO ELSEWHERE. DONT EVEN THINK of BROADWAY

BROADWAY PHOTO is a disgrace. they tried to upsell to the "American version" of a panasonic LX3 from the "japanese version' which had a 20 min life.. etc. They try to seel cards and acdcessories at high prices claiming your camera is worthless without them. They give cameras and their manufactures a bad reputaion, much less the innocent novice. Avoid them at all costs.

Terrible, terrible experience.
    Ordered a camcorder from them, they tried to sell me all their overpriced "packages".
    The item did not come in time, customer service is rude with very limited hours.
    STAY AWAY FROM BROADWAY PHOTO AT ALL COST!!!!!
    Tigris

NY State Attorney General's Offic
    [
    Consumer Hotline #

1-800-771-7755

Not only can we help ourselves, but we can cetainly help prevent future problems of this kind by calling and telling our story.

:cryin:
    AVOID BROADWAY PHOTO AT ALL COST !!!!!!
    I was given a camcorder for xmas and called them 3 days after too exchange, boy was I in for a surprise! The &*%$less pathetic excuse for a human being who referred himself as a representative was antagonistic from the start. After I inquired why I couldn't exchange the gift he said we were too late, b/c it was purchased in november. I asked him "So should I have asked what my mother in law got me for xmas?" He didn't like that, and really disliked it when I inquired why their online prices didn't match the expensive quotes he was giving me over the phone.
    Again, he threatened to offer no exchange and I countered that I would see his company in small claims court. And after I asked to speak to a supervisor, he responded "I am the the supervisor", what is this, and episode of the Chappelle Show? Then for the grand finale, I was transferred to the gallows manager, and folks, I kid you not, I started by saying "Hello Gabe, how are you?" and his heartwarming response, "Great, until I had to talk to you."
    The facts...
    -We contacted our credit card immediately, they were very helpful in helping us getting our money back. Document everything, make copies of receipts, etc..
    - Contact BBB and new york attorney general, file a formal complaint
    - Blog, let other people know.

If Hitler's henchmen were alive, I truly believe they could find employment at none other than....BROADWAY PHOTO.

Screw these guys and may they rot in _ _ _ _ !!!!!:mad2: :mad2:

Angry Re: broadway photo

Here's the deal. You order a camera lens on line and it is listed for one price. Then a couple of hours later they phone you under the premise that they need to verify your order before they run your credit card. They sing, they dance, then they deliver plastic stuff from China with the nice camera lens.

SO....you calmly call them and say, guess what...you can keep your China add ons which by the way added up to an extra $300.00 and you will pay the 5% restocking fee. Suddenly a man named "GABE" gets on the line because he is the "supervisor" and he says no, the MINIMUM re-stocking fee is 5% and you are UNAUTHORIZED to return anything until you receive the on-line email return form (which he refuses to send)...He cannot honor the on-line price for the Canon lens because is would then not be part of the "PACKAGE". He'll even play back the phone conversation of the original order (in pieces)...THEY ARE PROS...but NOT PRO CAMERA PEOPLE...they are SCAM ARTISTS...I have never posted to a thread like this and realize this is a small recourse...but check out:
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,10...s/article.html

I wish I had checked all out before ordering. They are crooked to the core. Please do not buy from them. I feel like the little old man who can't clean his own gutters...they should be on dateline or 20/20. They are no less than rapists or child molesters. Scum. :mad2:

OH...we found them from an Amazon link...who knew?
    Have a nice day.

Angry Re: broadway photo

:mad5:

BEWARE!!! Never do business with Broadway Photo -- SCAM company!

The price you see on their website is NOT the amount that will be deducted from your bank or credit card!

I, too, received an email telling me to call to confirm my order. When I did, the rep tried to push a carry case and lens hood...for a fisheye lens! I insisted that all I wanted was the lens.

I left phone messages and emailed repeatedly when I discovered that my account had been overcharged by $85.18. It has been a week and still nobody has responded, despite their guaranteed reply within 48-72 hours.

Luckily, my bank is reversing this unauthorized charge and filing a fraud claim for me. I wish I had done some research before jumping on this "great deal". I feel like a fool!

Lao

I was wondering how much longer are those gonna last. I mean, I think a lot of people are filling complaints. What are the authorities doing? Sleeping maybe?

When are those companies gonna get busted?!

Well that is a good question. I am not sure that they are committing any felony crimes. So just beware because they are here for the long haul. It takes a few min. to change the name of your business and send a picture of a fake store front. Magazines companies need to stop allowing them to advertise in the magazines also. That goes to show you if you have money to pay the magazine will support that behavior by printing those phony ads.

Just been ordering a Olympus E-510 this morning. Same thing got an email to call them. Did that, it took me an hour to get through, and when i finally did, all he wanted was to make me buy all kinds of extra stuff. I said no, and he got upset and then told me that the finally price was $250 more that than i bought for this morning. I ask him to cancel my order and he said okay and hang up. I got an email that confirm that i canceled the order. But i'm still affraid that they are gonna take out the money on my creditcard anyway?

If i just had google "broadwayphoto" before buying anything :-(

i hate to say it, but most of those companies that are stationed in NY or NJ or Brooklyn all sell grey market cameras. If you are going to invest in a good camera, then you better pay the money for it as opposed to finding the cheapest price...

BROADWAY PHOTO, NYC, IS A SCAM OUTFIT!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!

I did a lot of research on a Canon professional lense prior to attempting to purchase from Broadway Photo online because their prices were lower than other online sites. The next day, I received a telephone call from a salesman at Broadway Photo requesting "additional information". When I returned the call, the salesman informed me I wasn't paying for the US version and that it would cost me $100.00 more if I wanted that lense. He was adamant that I should get an additional warranty and he became rude, argumentative and plain nasty. I have never experienced such unprofessional conduct from a salesman in my life. I cancelled my complete order, which was just under $2000.00 total. The salesman then hung up on me. Check out NYC Better Business Bureau, Broadway Photo has a TERRIBLE REPUTATION. Take your business elsewhere.

Credit Card Theft at Broadway Photo?

I placed a telephone order with Broadway Photo in New York and made a credit card purchase of a camera (ironically, I looked at their web site and decided that I wasn't comfortable giving all my info to them via the web).

Within two days of calling them, someone was running around the New York, Delaware, Connecticut, and North Carolina area using a counterfeit credit card with my info on it to get a series of cash advances from gas stations in those states. I am working with my credit card provider and hoping for a successful Federal prosecution of whoever it was who was stupid enough to try to steal from me. It may just be a coincidence that I called them and suddenly my card info gets stolen, but my card usage pattern is such that, if it is just a coincidence, it is a truly remarkable one.

My story regarding Broadway Photo (doing business as Millennium Camera and others) is not important. After a while they all sound the same. Here's the important information, including the names of the owners and physical addresses. See this webpage -

http://www.sheddingsomelight.com/buy...s-bwayfam.html

The owners are Albert Houllou and Marvin Schwartz.

The two main physical addresses are -

2922 Avenue L, Brooklyn, NY 11210

and 337 East 89th St., Brooklyn NY 11236.

I'm sure the honest people at Brooklyn Camera get put in the same box, and they don't
    deserve it...

Quote Originally Posted by oldgearhead
    I'm sure the honest people at Brooklyn Camera get put in the same box, and they don't
    deserve it...
    I don't know anything about them but this is what I found on Resellers Ratings, Jeff

http://www.resellerratings.com/store...amera_Exchange
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi everyone,
    I am a new member. I am upset today about a purchase I made from Broadway Photo (my first) and when I was finally able to talk to a gentleman about my order, he told me the quoted price was for a "foreign" Canon ZR950 camcorder for $208. That the United States one would be $299. He was a fast talker and he actually would not take no for an answer when I tried to cancel my order. I called my credit card company and they noted this in my records but is not really anything they could do at this point. The credit card company said the whole transaction sounded suspicious. Oh how I wish I had seen this site before I ordered.

Hello,

I just bought a new camera at Broadway Photo. The price was really attractive and I coudn't resist to buy the camera I wanted at that price. Like a lot of examples here, I received an email to confirm my order. And when I called Broadwayphoto the (rude) guy told me that the battery only last 30mn so I needed to buy another battery. I wasn't alone at that moment and since english is not my first language it was hard for me to get everything in the discussion.
    The guy was telling I had to choose between 2 different batteries one that would last 2 hours and the other one that would last 4 hours
    So I stupidly trusted that guy who overcharged me another battery for almost $130!

Tonight, I checked the prices batteries and there are no several batteries model for that camera, a panasonic LX3 and above all, the regular price for a battery is around $45.

I checked my account and the money has already been debited.
    Regarding all these horrible reviews and the stupid experience tomorrow I am going to cancel the order.

Do you think they can keep the money or cause any problem to me?
    Thanks,

Yet another bad experience with these bozo's -- I ordered a camera at one price (as advertised);assigned an Order Number; but, received no confirmation email. When I called about the lack of confirmation, I was told the camera would cost 150% of ordered price. Can you say "Bait and Switch"? Spread the word to KEEP AWAY.

couldnt agree more STAY AWAY FROM BROADWAY PHOTO!!!
    I have never had such a bad experience purchasing online, and I order online alot.
    I went back to amazon where I have always had a great experience!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information