Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Best placet to buy Sigma 500mm f/4.5 hsm apo for Nikon

Any help would be appreciated. Can't afford the Nikon 500mm f/4 af-s and have seen several favorable review of the Sigma 500mm f/4.5 lens. The dg version of the Sigma at $4995 is also too expensive but have found the non-dg version at a couple of places, including Taaffe photo for $2699. Does anyone have any experience with them and is that the best (cheapest) place to buy? Thanks for your help.

Re: Best placet to buy Sigma 500mm f/4.5 hsm apo for Nikon

This is what i found at Resellers Ratings.....
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Taaffe_Photo

I would suggest reading the Thread '"recommended sites and sites to avoid". Check out the address below and at least read the first entry by me, "grandpaw". Look here....
    Recommended sites and sites to avoid

Remember, IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, STAY CLEAR", Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply. I found the review site after I posted the request and had ruled them out. As you know they also go by Myrtle Electronics and HotBuys. These 2 are listed under your dealers to avoid but not Taaffe Photo if you would like to update. So, I am still looking for a reputable dealer that has the lowest price on this Sigma lens or anyone that has a used one in very good condition. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by sptsman
    Thanks for the reply. I found the review site after I posted the request and had ruled them out. As you know they also go by Myrtle Electronics and HotBuys. These 2 are listed under your dealers to avoid but not Taaffe Photo if you would like to update. So, I am still looking for a reputable dealer that has the lowest price on this Sigma lens or anyone that has a used one in very good condition. Thanks again.
    I checked out taaffephoto and it has been added to the list of sites to avoid. Thanks for letting me know about them. There is a list of recommended sites just above the sites to avoid that our members have had good luck with and recommend, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thread Information